Head of Programmes
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Deadline: 23 August 2023
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Programmesfor its Zambia Country Programme, based in Lusaka, Zambia, to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the senior management team, the primary purpose of the Head of Programmes (HOP) is to lead the Programmes Department. The role provides strategic direction, leadership, and management to programmes and ensures the development and successful implementation of high-quality interventions by WaterAid Zambia for the poor and vulnerable. S/he will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each programme under the Country Program Strategy (2023-2028).
Essential Skills & Entry Requirements:
- Minimum of master’s degree in WASH, Public Health, Engineering, Water Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, development Studies or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven managerial experience at an increasing level of seniority and responsibility with strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in working to strengthen elements of WASH systems and understanding of WASH interaction with other systems (health, climate change, education, and economic development). Proven WASH Expertise in the design and implementation of water, sanitation, and hygiene programmes.
- Good knowledge of the Government of Zambia’s development policies and strategies, they relate to achieving universal access to WASH, WASH in Public health, WASH Financing
- Experience leading robust public health programmes that cover diseases burden, diseases outbreaks, preventive health and hygiene programmes and health systems
- Understanding of social inclusion issues to ensure the most marginalised people excluded from WASH are identified, targeted and benefit from system strengthening efforts.
We are looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We are looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges. In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on ‘Apply’ to download the job description.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating WAZ HP in the subject line.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Zambia.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
To apply for this job please visit wateraid.assetbank-server.com.