Private International Security Company
Position: HSE Officer
Organization: Country Director
Place of work: Lusaka
The purpose of the HSE Officer is to promote and implement HSE policy, Safety culture and HSE system on his perimeter of responsibility This means a regular and systematic audit of SOPs, health and safety rules, employee PPE and other safety gear, regular review of site files, report writing for any incidents as needed, deployment of officers and manpower planning and investigations.
The role is dynamic and requires the employee to have the ability to think outside the box and find working solutions that are within the company rules and requirements.
The main responsibilities of this job are as follows:
Health and Safety
- Regular inspection of PPE issued to Security Officers on client sites to ensure durability and identify if there is need to request for a change
Conduct training of officers on sites from time to time to ensure compliance to HSE rules and regulations
- Ensure client sites are inspected regularly to check for any HSE breaches and report as needed; follow up to ensure client compliance to recommendations
- Promote occupational health and safety within his organization and develop safer and healthier ways of working.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments.
- Help supervise the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions, study possible causes and recommend remedial actions.
- Cascade Learning from Incidents, best practices, drive consistency and standardize HSE practices in Development Teams according to the company’s HSE standards.
- Coordinate emergency procedures, mine rescues, firefighting and first aid crews.
- Maintain and update hazards identification and risk assessments records.
Operational control & training
- Promote JHA for non-routine activities and unsure they are understood and applied.
- Identify risks for each step of those non-routine activities.
- Ensure SOP are done for routine activities and that they are created with the assistance of the technical team.
- Participate in the periodical SOPs review.
- Train and sensitize all personnel on various SOPs.
- Ensure the execution of weekly inspections.
- Monitor HSE level training topics and matrix.
- Collect HSE performance.
- Make a daily, weekly & monthly reports on HSE indicators.
Incidents, accidents, non-conformity
- Report incidents / accidents and non-compliance
- Participate in investigations following accidents, incidents & propose corrective and preventive actions.
Ensure implementation of 5S methodology and follow-up:
Increase 5S culture.
Communication about improvements.
The 5S inspection executed by the person responsible per area.
The 5S inspection executed by the manager of site.
The Security Coordinator is expected to have the following competencies:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for purposes of investigations.
- Working knowledge of ICT and report writing
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to remain firm in implementing company and client policies.
- Keen eye for details for purposes of ensuring compliance with client requirements and detecting any fraudulent activities.
- Ability to remain flexible in working environment and working hours.
- High standard of care must be maintained.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- Full G12 Certificate
- Diploma in Health, Safety & Environment, NEBOSH IGC or other related discipline
- Knowledge of standards ISO and, lead auditor qualification will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience on mining site
To apply for this job email your details to Mando.Makasa@garda.com