Human Resource and Administrative Officer is responsible for the overall operations and functionality of the Company and its subsidiaries. He/ She shall ensure full compliance with professional and corporate ethics in the execution of his/ her mandate as the principal admin and operations supervisor as guided by Director.
1. Effectively supervise the Administration Assistant to ensure all administrative functions in his/her job description are carried out to the standard and expectation of the company
2. Ensure the company Head Office is well automated within the IT context through provision of internet, intranet and telecommunication facilities;
3. Oversee smooth conveyance, production and filing of electronic and hard copy correspondence.
4.Oversee the monthly closing of the Office and companies books and advise management on status quo;
5. Work closely with Consultants (following established company procedures) to ensure the use of acceptable accounting systems, and to ensure that procedures for financial and administrative matters are updated and implemented as required;
6. Ensure consolidated Financial Reports and other Financial and Technical Reports to identify problems and solutions are submitted to management on time.
7. Establish and replicate professional operational standards in all the company’s subsidiary companies and ensure strict compliance, culminating in the submission of annual evaluation performance reports to CEO.
8. Participate in and facilitate audits and, following year-end external audits
9. Establish and maintain inventory of company property and produce annual inventory reports by respective subsidiary companies;
10.Oversee maintenance of all motorized transport by ensuring all vehicles are kept in a clean, roadworthy state and are insured and licensed.
11. Represent management at for a where he may be designated to do so from time to time;
12. Assume the role of Company Secretary by arranging internal and external meeting, taking minutes and following up on resolutions;
13. Plan and Facilitate Human Resource activities such as recruitment, contracting, and fostering sound employee relations and team building;
14. Perform payroll functions;
15.Formulate policy documents for the organization in line with the Zambian Labour Laws
16. Recommend and execute annual staff development plans;
17. Recommend and execute policies, procedures, rules, regulations for employees in compliance with Zambian labour laws;
18.Review and update all human resource policies to meet the organisation’s needs;
19.Maintain current organizational chart and current staff list;
20. Establish and maintain relations with government, labor union and other related personnel stakeholders;
21.Monitor and record employee time sheets and leave requests;
22. Perform any other duties as may from time to time be assigned exclusively by the superiors.
- Degree in Business or public Administration, Human Resource Management or other relevant disciplines
- Fluency in English (both oral and written)
- At least 2 year experience working in a similar position
- Skillful in interpersonal relations, time management, communication, and problem solving
- Very good computer skills on internet, MS office
- Experience in team working
- Able to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and meeting deadlines
- Be willing to occasionally travel for work, as required.
- In possession of a valid Driver’s License
Method of Application
To apply send your Cover letter, Academic qualifications , CV and other supporting documents to : email@example.com
State your expected Gross salary in the cover letter.
If you do not receive any response from us two weeks after the closing date then consider your application not successful.