Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia
Purpose of the role:
To provide end to end HR consultancy service to the designated departmental clients and creating solutions that drive / impact change, and to support Management and employees to ensure that all strategies are implemented according to the Company standards and Zambian legislation.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Branch: Kansanshi (In charge of the Northern Region)
The Human Resource Business Partner will be required to perform the following tasks:
Sourcing and Selection
- To provide professional HR support to the HR Manager on Recruitment, Selection, Induction and Employee movements;
- Ensure all Recruitment Documentation is in place, Man Power Requests are properly completed by the Hiring Manager and approved by the Company President;
- Assist with initial shortlisting (long listing) before submitting to Hiring Manager for final shortlist;
- Contact candidates to confirm availability and set dates for interviews;
- Ensure that all reference checks are undertaken for selected candidates before appointments are made;
- Maintain a weekly tracker of all Recruitments and ensure regular reporting to the Human Resources Manager and the Hiring Department Manager.
Employee relations and Industrial relations
- Ensure conditions of employment for the local workforce; and contractual issues relating to employment are administered in accordance with Company Policy;
- Ensure Union issues are dealt with and all negotiations are handled in a peaceful and correct manner;
- Ensure disciplinary and grievance procedures, and policies are administered and all disciplinary cases are effectively and efficiently resolved;
- Advise line managers on the requirements of the discipline, capability and grievance processes and monitor their adherence to it;
Administration and Support
- Ensure all employees have the correct PPE and the necessary tools for the job;
- Provide accurate advice that is aligned with customer’s needs/ expectations;
- Ensure queries are resolved quickly and effectively;
- Communicate payroll policies (e.g. payroll cut-off dates, overtime rates, claims processes) to all new employees.
- Ensure Monthly Timesheets from the various sections are compiled and submitted for Payroll processing on time and records are maintained;
- Communicate -specific incentive schemes to relevant line managers and employees to ensure their understanding. Obtain feedback from line managers on the effectiveness of implemented schemes.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 School certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Human Resource role.
- Able to interpret the Zambian labor laws
- Member of ZIHRM
- Negotiation and influencing at managerial level
- Communication skills
- Planning and Facilitation
- Project management
- Talent and Reward Management
- Report writing
- Ability to handle large recruitments
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to email@example.com, or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Monday 6th November, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org