HR Assistant (Zambia)
Reporting to: HR Lead (Zambia) & HR Officer
Working Hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
What makes you the right person for this role?
Our values resonate with you – Humility, Honesty, Continual Improvement, Customer Focus & Safety.
You enjoy working in an agile team and can work independently, and take initiative and ownership of projects. You enjoy working with people and understand that Human Resources is people-centric and that a focus on the employees will yield strong bottom-line results for the business.
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or relevant Degree
● Minimum 1 – 2 years of proven experience.
● A member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management – Valid practising licence
● Ability to work effectively with different cultures.
● Strong communication and administration skills.
● Self-motivation, leadership and management skills
● Ability to use electronic office software, word, excel, and email
Recruitment and On-boarding
● Taking a role in recruitment by ensuring all online Driver applicants’ records are up to date and assisting in the recruitment process.
● Assist in coordinating the onboarding process for new hires, orientation programs, paperwork, and training
● Assist in conducting Driver exit interviews and stay interviews.
Records Management and Documentation
● Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records in compliance with company policies and legal
requirements both Physical files and System files
● Assist in the Preparation and distribution of HR-related documentation, such as employment contracts and policy manuals.
● Assist with document Preparation and inputs for payroll information submissions.
● Works with HRM and driver trainer to ensure all training records are up-to-date and filed on employee files
● Ensure disciplinary disciplinary documentation is correctly captured filed and updated on the Alistair disciplinary tracking system.
● Support the Probationary evaluation process by providing relevant data and assisting in the Supervisors during the reviews.
● Conversant with the registration processes with the Following institution: ZRA, NHIMA, NAPSA & HELSB
● Good understanding of the Zambian Labour laws and up-to-date with current affairs Human resource systems
● Work closely with the Human resource team to build systems that improve HR service delivery
● Assist in the implementation and monitoring of frequent use of online systems such as Smartsheets
● Monitor and ensure the correct usage of the time and attendance system
● Manage the Administrative management tool for office inventory consumables (Stationary and Consumable)
● Assist legal department in filing all legal documentation and are well secured.
● Closely monitor the office notice board and ensure it is updated with the latest and important information.
● Ensure all lunch orders are placed on time and delivered on time.
● Receiving company guests, and arranging for their transport and accommodation.