Play it Forward Zambia (PFZ)
Play it Forward is seeking an individual to join our team of dedicated staff in Livingstone. The person will manage effective programme delivery by leading the development and growth of Play it Forward’s impact and programmes in Zambia.
Our mission is to empower young Zambians to develop sustainable livelihoods through quality education and health activities. Play it Forward FC inspires and empowers a whole new generation of young people to take control of their lives. We engage over 1,500 young people every year in a wide range of programmes from health education & HIV testing to literacy, coding, mentoring and support towards higher education and employment. Our support on and off the pitch, ensures that young people emerge from our programmes with new skills to succeed in school, the workforce and in life.
What are we looking for?
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of performance management, HR/employment law issues and implementing them contextually
- Willingness to actively participate in discussions concerning needs of the organisation’s beneficiaries, staff and the trustee board
- A knowledge of administrative and legal procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide clear advice on procedural and relevant legislative matters
What will you be doing?
General responsibilities would include reading board papers, contributing to discussions on key issues, supporting strategic planning, helping to connect the charity with potential new partners and supporters and contributing on other issues on which you have special expertise.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to
employee relations, recruitment, retention, reward and recognition as well as staff and trustee development.
- Assess risks and measure the impact of HR interventions in the light of changing legal requirements and best practice.
- Implement company policies and practices in the context of furthering charitable objectives and evaluating how they impact beneficiaries and staff.
- Ensure long-term strategic oversight of the organisation’s personnel and staffing requirements in relation to the overarching goals of the charity.
- Review and recommend current and future strategic resourcing, training and
development and annual budgets and plans to the Trustee Board
- Actively contribute to policy setting, strategic direction, goal and target setting, and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives
- Ensure that HR activities and interventions are linked to the organisation’s charitable objectives and complement the organisation’s culture
- Ensure the Trustee Board monitors and reviews the performance of the company’s Senior Management, rewards performance accordingly and identifies appropriate development opportunities
- Monitor whether the service complies with its governing document and standards and if the needs of the beneficiaries are being met
This is an opportunity to support and shape the work of Play it Forward and you can make a significant difference to our mission. As a trustee, you will be working closely with a passionate team of people who have a range of experience and perspectives.
The anticipated minimum time commitment would be approximately one day every month (including attendance at quarterly Board meetings) but the role would allow for an increased time contribution if possible.
To learn more about the work we do visit our website www.play-itforward.org