Bartimaeus Initiative is a Zambia-registered non-governmental organization. The Initiative has been established to foster the inclusion of the disabled in society. There are a lot of societal barriers still prevalent in Zambia today that contribute to several challenges faced by people with disabilities. These barriers include limited accessibility, inadequate educational structures, and poverty, which negatively impact the quality of life for people with disabilities. Such factors often lead to undesirable consequences for people with disabilities, such as social exclusion, negative stereotypes and perceptions, financial hardship, limited choices, and challenges in the areas of both physical and mental health.
Under the Bartimaeus Initiative is the Bartimaeus ICT program, with the main focus being to bridge the ICT skills gap that exists between the visually impaired and able learners in primary and secondary schools in Zambia. Complementing Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 Quality Education, and 10 Reduced Inequalities.
- Conduct ICT training to visually impaired learners.
- Update progression tracker for tracking pupil’s development.
- Update feedback and complaint form
- Provide activity feedback every Friday.
- Coordinate program integrated activities
- Partner engagements
- Tertiary Education – Diploma or Degree in Education or Social Science with Special education has added advantage.
- High attention to detail
- Produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Being a volunteer position we would advise for applicants from around Munali to apply though everyone is encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
To apply fill in the application form.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.