About this opportunity
As a Head of Project Management for an assigned CU (Customer Unit) you will lead the governance of digital services (DS) portfolio for the assigned CU in full alignment with the overall service delivery, sales processes, models, and strategies. You will supervise the end-to-end delivery of all the programs ensuring the profitability of the portfolio in the CU. You will handle an extended matrixed team of program directors and project managers to ensure the fulfilment of Ericsson obligations and drive the project’s delivery towards closure and ensure all key performance indicators (KPIs) are met or exceeded. You will seek and identify new opportunities and drive continuous cost efficiency. As part of the regional PMO clusters, you will drive the PMO within the CU and drive excellence in all matters related to project delivery especially governance.
What you will do
- Drive governance excellence to ensure the portfolio profitability in line with the KPIs. Implement and apply key delivery metrics to lead and guide team and to supervise progress against project plans and budget.
- You will build and maintain relationships with the key stakeholders like key account managers, CU and account DS heads, solution area heads, finance and business controllers etc.
- Review project financials, progress/ activity reports, and other performance data to measure efficiency and goal achievement and to resolve areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assess portfolio risks and drive proactive conversations to ensure quality and take full accountability for the financials of the assigned portfolio and run the organization to achieve the desired business outcomes within the approved financial and delivery frameworks
- Provide visibility and accuracy of project delivery activities and adherence, Lead all aspects of contracts from inception during pre-sales through to closure
- Take accountability for contract fulfillment, establish the program organization, clarify scope and secure vital resources at the right cost level
- Drive program execution, securing delivery according to contracted scope and delivery dates
- Ensure delivery excellence across various phases of the program from pre-sales, solutioning to planning, build, testing (unit testing, SIT/UAT) and closeout
- Ensure adherence to all Ericsson processes and methodologies especially compliance to XLPM framework and drive and support add on sales activities during delivery
- Develop a positive & productive culture within the extended team and chip in to the development of a long-term strategy and delivery plans for the business
- Ensure the use of all available automation assets with all projects within your cluster and also ensure compliance and ethics and exhibit outstanding role-model leadership behaviors
You will bring
- 15+ years of project management experience in leading large-scale sophisticated deliveries with a telecommunication or technology company
- Proven experience of handling customer relationship including senior stakeholder management with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Domain experience/ knowledge: OCC (OSS, Core and Cloud) (OSS, Telecom Core & Cloud) and knowledge of BSS (Business Support Systems) also demonstrated experience of having led software development projects using agile-based methodologies
- Deep experience of leading teams in a multicultural collaborative and matrixed environment and tried problem-solving skills and good in written & spoken communication
- Customer focused and desire understand business and customer needs, professional attitude with solid ability to prioritize, handle time and deliver results
- Certification: PMI© project manager certification (PMP) or equivalent
- Education: Bachelor or Master’s in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- MBA and previous Line Management experience is plus and experience/knowledge in Ericsson Business Process (EBP) IT Process, ITIL, eTOM is also a plus
Ericsson South Africa recruits in line with its Employment Equity plan and will therefore give preference to suitably qualified candidates who are members of designated groups.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and creativity to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ericsson.com.