Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited
Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited (MGen) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Infrastructure and Network Administrator to be based at Head Office in Lusaka. The job holder will be reporting to the ICT Manager.
- Permanent and pensionable
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Understands network concepts and designs involving troubleshooting and setting up branch network on L2 and L3 MPLS technologies
- Should be conversant with cisco networking concepts and equipment like switches, routers and firewall to troubleshoot, reconfigure or extend the network
- Understands the working of firewall and able to change and update policies on firewall to prevent the access to unauthorized content
- Conversant with network monitoring techniques and tools like solarwinds, ensures optimal use of internet and data links and reports deviations to ICT managers on periodic basis
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Knowledge on VMware virtualisation and SAN / NAS storage environment
- Hands-on with CISCO routers, switches and firewall configurations
- TCP/IP networking with WAN/LAN/VLAN/ experience
- Knowledge of ITIL service management framework, change management experience
- Conversant with the change management practices, logs and documents change and deviations to guide infrastructure improvements
- Understanding of ICT networks and infrastructures
- Excellent documentation abilities
- Extensive troubleshooting experience and project implementation/management
- Proactive attitude, keen to make a difference, attention to detail
- Ability to quickly adopt to the new environment and understand the systems
- Ability to work in a team as a strong team player
- Strong operational discipline and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and user relationship, customer service focus.
- Should be able to meet deadlines, be flexible and use initiative
- Member of ICTAZ
- Full grade twelve certificate with at least a credit in Mathematics and English
- Undergraduate degree in computer science/information technology, information management systems, business information systems, business studies, mathematics, Statistics, Electrical /electronic engineering or any related field
- Database certifications will be an added advantage
- Must have 3 years’ experience managing databases in a dynamic ICT environment
- Trouble shooting LAN and WAN issues reported by users and ICT staff, act as first line support for all infrastructure issues
- Receive, document and analyse the reported problems and escalate as appropriate
- Follow change management practices and document network infrastructure
- Ensure updated inventory of all the core infrastructure and maintain updated document of all the infrastructure contracts
- Ensure network security is enforced
Suggest technology solution to improve infrastructure and network on regular basis
- Day-to-Day monitoring of network performance of internet and WAN data links, document and communicate deviations to the superiors
- Maintains and manages the hardware and software inventory of core infrastructure including servers, network appliances along with contract renewal information
- Overseer of networking tools or monitors that enhance productivity and streamline the collection of data about network utilization.
- Monitors network and security issues, ensures patching of core infrastructure including firmware upgrades, OS patching, anti-virus upgrades and policy implementation.
- Ensure infrastructure uptime of 99%
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum Vitae and copies of certified qualifications to the Assistant Human Resource Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Tuesday 30th May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit madison.co.zm..