Energy Regulation Board
ENERGY REGULATION BOARD
The Energy Regulation Board (ERB) is a Statutory Body established by the Energy Regulation Act No. 12 of 2019 to regulate the energy sector in Zambia. Its key functions include licensing enterprises, setting prices for energy products and services, monitoring the quality of energy products and services and handling complaints from energy consumers.
The ERB seeks to engage suitably qualified person under its internship program to fill the position of Intern – LEGAL (2, Lusaka)
To assist with the provision of legal services to ERB Management to ensure that the Institution renders its regulatory function to the energy sector in accordance with the provisions of the Energy Regulations Act and other laws applicable to the ERB’s operations.
- Support Legal Department in providing data required in the development of a robust legal framework indicating detailed policies and procedures for enforcing the energy regulations and standards in the country.
- Support the Legal Department in interpretation of relevant legal instruments and requirements governing the energy sector to ensure their consistent understanding.
- Assists Legal Counsel in providing legal advice to Management on ERB transactions and contracts in order to safeguard institution’s interests.
- Reviewing and drafting Commercial Agreements, Contracts, Leases, Notices and other legal documentations or correspondence involving the ERB for approval by superior.
- Prepares monthly reports highlighting all legal activities undertaken in the Department.
- Prepares monthly reports on activities for consolidation into the Regional Report.
- Carry out extensive legal research to assist the legal department to render sound professional advice to Management.
- Perform any other duty as may be required by the supervisor from time to time.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and Good report writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Knowledge in utilising auditing software and Microsoft Office 365; and
- Must be a Zambian citizen.
- Must have a Grade 12 School Certificate, five O levels at University entry level.
- Must have a Degree in Law (LLB)
- Applicants should have graduated not more than three (3) years ago.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants must submit application letter, current Curriculum Vitae (both word version), photocopies of School Certificate, Degree Certificate or Transcript only via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, 20th November 2023 addressed to:
The Director General
Energy Regulation Board
Plot No. 9330, Danny Pule Road
P.O. Box 37631
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.