VisionFund Zambia Limited
VisionFund Zambia Limited is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit qualified candidates who are self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Head Office
The Internal Auditor is responsible to ascertain compliance of operations with VisionFund Zambia policies and procedures as well as with existing national laws, rules and regulations by conducting audit of branches and head office, evaluating the internal control and accounting systems of branches and head office, and recommending corrections, improvements and compliance and conducting the impact evaluation on the clients and recommending improvements.
- List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
- Participate in developing and preparing the Annual Audit Plan that outlines the activities to be undertaken by the Internal Audit Department during the year. Develop Draft Audit Engagement Plan
- Perform Audit work in accordance with the approved audit manual and professional standards.
- Carry out the procedures outlined in the internal audit plan under the supervision of supervisor.
- Carry out independent assessment of the application and compliance with the established company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Review, appraise and advise accordingly the soundness, adequacy and efficiency of accounting, financial, business operations process, MIS, HR and other internal controls and detect irregularities and illegal acts.
- Perform operational reviews and appraisals on the cost effectiveness and efficiency with which company resources are employed in all MFI business processes.
- Review and advise degree of compliance of MFI business to its internal policy and procedures as well as VFI policies.
- Perform audit of the MFI assets to ascertain that they are properly recorded and safeguarded from theft, fraud, and misappropriation.
- Perform audits of the MFI’s liabilities and ascertain that they are accurate and genuine.
- Provide investigative services, as the need arises, and if possible, recommend changes on policies and procedures arising from the case(s) investigated in order to strengthen the MFI’s control management system.
- Carry out sampling tests for examination.
- Perform client visits during audit.
- Clarify all audit findings with auditees during the process of audit fieldwork to minimize discussion time in the exit conference.
- Ensure all working papers are completed and in order – initials, cross-references, date, work descriptions, clearance.
- Write summary of audit results and conduct the exit discussion with the auditees.
- Publish reports within the standards set.
- Assist in the execution of the external audit as well as examinations to be conducted by government regulatory agencies.
- Submits a written audit report to supervisor ensuring sufficiency of audit coverage.
- Discuss the results of his audit with the respective unit/branch/department managers and advises on appropriate actions to improve conditions.
- Maintains adequate records of reports submitted and monitors whether actions to rectify the reported findings acknowledged are undertaken promptly.
- Review corrective actions and follow-up reports or management responses to the audit recommendations and follow-up with related branch or head office to clear responses as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in accounting, finance or business administration. ACCA/CIMA/ CISA/ CFE and Computer Studies related Program will be added advantage
- Computer skills, Microsoft office applications
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Audit, Accounting or in Finance, or 1-2 years of experience working in an MFI.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of local business community
- Planning skills, time management
- Detail oriented
- Able to undertake strong audit activity
- Demonstrates and communicates a culture of compliance and integrity
- Able to identify critical risk areas
- Able to use new tools and improve audit activity as the institution grows
- Continually adding best audit practice to the institution
- Able to communicate and relate to different groups effectively
- Able to act independently, but also to add value to management in its development of controls and managing of risk
- Demonstrate Christ centered values in work and life
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV to the address below clearly indicating the POSITION being applied for to the attention of the.
Applications should be sent to-
The Head-People & Culture
Plot 6810, Chiwalamabwe road Olympia,
VisionFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Females are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that VisionFund Zambia Limited does not solicit for fees at any stage of recruitment process, any such attempts should be treated as fraudulent and report immediately.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, 19th May, 2023
To apply for this job please visit vfz.co.zm.