Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering Studies
To provide value added audit and advisory services to the Management Board and the Senior Management team of LIBES. carry out independent appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures to ensure that the Institute’s assets are safeguarded, and help to prevent and detect fraud. Particular focus will also be given to making sure that compliance is made to the Institute’s policies and the Zambian legal framework. Carry out reviews of risks and make recommendations on the risk management procedures and methods; assist the Management Board and LIBES Management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
Principal Accountabilities (Main Duties)
- Develop and execute a comprehensive audit program for the evaluation of management controls of the Institute
- Examine the effectiveness of all levels of staff in their stewardship of Institutes resources and their compliance with established policies and procedures
- Review procedures and records for their adequacy in accomplishing intended objectives
- Recommend improvement to internal controls designed to safeguard Institute’s assets, resources, and ensure compliance with Government laws and regulations
- Investigates and forensics at the request of the Management Board.
- Prepare formal written reports to the Principal, as requested, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and efficiency with which activities are carried out.
- Perform pre-audit of petty cash, cheque payments, bank payments, Staff imprests and transfer letters, payroll, overtime claims, imprest reimbursements, and stamp them accordingly.
- Conduct spot checks in Stores, Library, and Workshops at regular intervals.Verifying all payments that are made from accounts department.
- Checks that all income due to the institute is promptly receipted and banked.
Additional Attributes :
- High degree of initiative
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Extremely detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy and timely reporting
- Be able to liaise with Stake holders
- Self-discipline and self-motivated
- Team player
- Be able to work under minimal supervision
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 credits or better including Mathematics and English.
- Minimum of an earned Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy/ or Full professional Accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA , CA from an accredited and reputable College/University
- Knowledge of IAS, IFRSs ,local accounting and finance laws and regulations
- Extensive Knowledge of SAGE Pastel 200 Evolution Accounting Package
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage
- At least three (03) years of post-qualifying experience in a similar role Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors and / or ZICA/ACCA/CIMA
Method of Application
Email your applications letters including daytime contact number, curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates as a single document to must be submitted and addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The Principal, Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering Studies, Box D27, Livingstone.
Closing date for receipt of applications shall be Sunday 21st January, 2024