Tyre King Enterprises Limited is one of the leading specialized automobile tyre retailers in Zambia and is currently operating in fifteen (15) tyre/battery sales and fitment centres in Zambia. Tyre King is vigorously growing and expanding its footprint in Zambia. To support our continuing growth, we are looking for an Internal Stores Auditor. This position is available in Lusaka on twenty-four (24) months contract basis, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
1.0 PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure compliance to company policy in stores management. To prevent and detect fraud in the company. To evaluate and enhance internal control systems and make recommendations on how to improve. To ensure the company is complying with relevant laws and statutes. To audit and collate financial and other information on branch and departmental processes and performance and produce reports. To provide assistance to the Internal Auditor role.
2.0 KEY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
2.1 Ensure adherence to company policy in stores management
- To carry out a review of existing stores policies and make appropriate recommendations.
- To periodically assess efficacy of stores documents in circulation and make appropriate recommendations.
- To formulate audit plan for the year.
- To carry out audit of best practices (operation audit).
- In conjunction with Accounts to formulate guidelines for quarterly/annual stock-taking and take the lead in the exercise.
- To investigate and verify stock irregularities.
- To assess the company’s risks and the efficacy of its risk management efforts.
- To ensure there is compliance of the relevant laws and statutes.
- To promote and ensure ethics, honest and help identify improper conduct.
2.2 Conduct Internal Branch and Stores Audits
- To conduct internal audits in Branches and Warehouses to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures.
- To ensure that approved processes and documentation are being followed and completed correctly and in a timely manner at Branch and Warehouse level.
- To discuss audit findings and recommendations with line managers and report significant issues to Supervisor.
- To conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by Supervisor and/or Directors.
2.3 Financial Audits in Branches
- To assist in auditing financial and other information on branch daily cash management, petty cash management and service income collection as part of the Branch Audit.
- To assist in reviewing the accuracy and timeliness of financial information and other disclosures.
2.4 Prevention and detection of fraud
- To carry out periodic and random audits at least once every three months of all stores and warehouses.
- To submit reports on findings from routine audits to Management for each store/warehouse within five (5) working days.
- In conjunction with accounts, to investigate any discrepancies or fraud in stores resulting in shortages/overages and communicate the findings and recommendations.
- To submit reports of major audit findings within one week (7 days) of carrying out the audits.
- To prepare relevant reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to relevant people including Managers;
- To prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan.
- To report on internal control matters and the implementation of the internal audit plan to the Internal Auditor and/or Directors.
- To report on branch and all departmental operational procedures after spot checks.
- To report on all cash audits, investigations and inventory audits.
- To report on all verified assets and liabilities by comparing and analysing items and collate to documentation.
3.0 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum two (2) in either ACCA or CIMA or CA Zambia or Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or in Stores Management or higher level audit qualifications.
- Member of the appropriate registered professional institution.
- Knowledge of NAVISION accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in internal audit, stores audit and external audit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Method of Application
Send your detailed CV with three (3) traceable referees (including their daytime contact numbers), qualification certificates and cover letter – (giving reasons why you think you are suitable for the job) to:
The Head – Human Resource & Administration,
through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is: 23 January, 2024 at 17.00 hours
Only successful candidates will be contacted.