United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Administer user access to systems and databases, monitor availability and access to critical WFP corporate systems and application usage.
- Carry out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as backup system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Assist in the maintenance of systems and equipment by carrying out routine tasks, such as backing up data, monitoring network and systems, servers, and peripherals, running systems diagnostics, system upgrades, patch management and system optimization.
- Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of technology.
- Manage and configure print services, review toner provision SLA to incorporate additional vendors and put in toner stock management mechanisms to ensure that the office have adequate toners and replacement parts available.
- Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to Inventory management officer to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
- Perform basic beta testing and support the roll out of new versions of centrally supported software to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
- Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, websites, and archives to support senior officers in managing these systems.
- With direction from the Business Transformation Officer, collate information to be included in standard material such as training documentation and web content, to contribute to the availability of information about services and products.
- Assist in training and support of users of technology and systems, such as audio/videoconferences, meetings, databases, registries, and networks.
- Identify and recommend initiatives that take advantage of opportunities to enhance and improve systems and processes while reducing costs.
- Under the supervision of the Business Transformation Officer, provide technical support to Country Office IT projects.
Produces organized, accurate and well documented records conforming to required format with well analysed data.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University Degree with a higher technical background supplemented by technical training in electronic or telecommunications, computer technology or other related field.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible job-related experience in information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as, Routing and Switching, WAN/LAN networking, VSAT, operating systems (Windows, Mac and Linux distros), telephone services (PABX, VoIP), application design, helpdesk and project support services. Basic hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
Knowledge: Analytics tools – PowerBI, Tableau, Data collection tool programming and utilization, trending innovations supporting alleviation of hunger and poverty. General knowledge of IT support service management, IT Governance and Frameworks. General Procurement rules, regulations, and procedures.
Languages: Good written and spoken English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
- Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submitting applications is 6th September 2023 before mid-night.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.