Oryx Energies Zambia Limited
ORYX Energies S.A “OESA” is one of Africa’s largest and longest established independent providers of oil and gas products and services. In pursuit of its business strategies in Zambia, the company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position mentioned below, to join its team at ORYX Energies Zambia Ltd “OEZL”, based on the Copperbelt and Lusaka.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Risk & Optimization Manager .
The IT Technician will be based in Lusaka.
1. Service Desk & Helpdesk
-Acting as the primary point of contact for IT end-users (PCs, printers, etc.), telephony-landlines & mobility (including mobile phone, tablet, internet access, mobile line, VPN, remote access, etc.), in terms of support, installations, maintenance, new needs and user training. This will be done on site at OEZL and remotely for other affiliates in the Group.
– Logging and tracking end users’ requests until resolution on the ticketing system
– Complying and contributing to the maintenance of standard documentation and procedures.
– Developing and maintaining a complete inventory of the in-scope systems at OEZL Supporting IT needs related to office moves at OEZL , new arrivals, exits.
2. Infrastructure Services.
– Operating, maintaining, and supervise local IT infrastructure (computers, systems, networks, telephony & mobility aspects-
– Participate on local and Group IT related projects.
– Comply with IT processes and policies defined by the Group
3. Other responsibilities:
Being proactive and innovative, you are expected to be highly reliable, to search for excellence, to respect good governance and HSSEQ principles across the company and consider the company’s reputation at all times in particular respecting the OESA Code of Conduct.
You are responsible for your personal results, and do not hesitate to display a proactive and creative attitude with a particular commitment to teamwork.
Key working relations:
– GVA IT Department.
– Affiliate’s name staff
– Supplies and providers
– Oryx staff in other affiliates
Experience & education required:
– Minimum 2-year experience in user support.
– Knowledgeable in Operating systems workstations, servers and office tools.
– Self-motivated, independent person while also being a strong team player.
– Ability to work under pressure, proactive.
– Customer oriented.
– Problem solver oriented, Hands-on.
– Good communication skills
– Fluency in English
– Education: IT Technician diploma.
– Good knowledges of ITIL processes.
– Working experience in a multinational company
– Fluency in French
– 3 years’ experience in IT support systems.
– Active Directory experience (dhcp, dns, OU)
– Experience handling servers and networks.
– Virtualization experience
– Telephony system and MDM tool knowledge
- Customer service oriented
- Integrity, rigor and respect of governance principles
- Employee engagement
- Autonomy & responsibility
- Creativity & innovation
- Team Spirit
- Search for efficiency & performance
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills – Problem Solver oriented
Training and Development (required to perform the job or to be completed in the role)
- Group’s values and behaviours
- Code of Conduct (Group + affiliates’)
- Product Induction (Oil, LPG, Lubricants) [as and when required for the job]
Be an active member of the emergency response team, assuming the functions and responsibilities related to this job position as described in the emergency plan.
- IT Technical diploma
Method of Application
Address application letters to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Oryx Energies Zambia Limited
Plot No. 875 Zambia Road
P. O. Box 230074
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to – firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 6thMay 2023.
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.