Tyre-King Enterprises Limited
Tyre King Enterprises Limited is one of the leading specialized automobile tyre and battery retailers in Zambia and is currently operating in fifteen (15) tyre/battery sales and fitment centres in Zambia. Tyre King is vigorously growing and expanding its footprint in Zambia.
1.0 THE ROLE: IT TECHNICIAN
Contract period: 12 months (renewable)
We are currently looking for an IT Technician who will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and proactive monitoring of all network infrastructure across branches and Head Office. This position is suited for candidates who are creative and innovative. If you believe you are the right fit, we invite your application.
2.0 PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The IT Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and proactive monitoring of all network infrastructure across branches and Head Office. The IT Technician will provide 1st tier support to all users on IT tickets, managing CCTV, VoIP, Time and Attendance systems, and servicing office equipment routinely. The Technician’s primary objective is to ensure the smooth running of the IT infrastructure with minimum downtime, fostering seamless communication and efficient operations within the organization..
3.0 KEY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Install and configure hardwares and software components within specified timeframes and budget constraints.
- Service, repair and replace damaged hardware, ensuring cost-effective solutions.
- Conduct routine servicing of IT equipment and peripherals at all branches (once every quarter).
Network documentation & Infrastructure:
- Provide support in designing and implementing network solutions, improving current networks/systems efficiency.
- Develop relationships with 3rd party providers and ensure network components meet company needs seamlessly.
- Assist in the development and execution of disaster procedures.
- Create and document proper installation and configuration procedures for hardware and software.
- Manage and update all IT inventory
- Manage and install LAN, providing necessary support.
- Install, manage, and support all VPN and MPLS infrastructure for branches.
- Configure, support, and troubleshoot VoIP and PBX technologies, ensuring seamless communication within the organization.
User Support & Training:
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding promptly to help desk inquiries.
- Train employees on software and hardware usage, troubleshooting, and technical support.
- Develop and maintain user guides and documentation for IT-related processes
- Provide technical support to users on Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Server, Thin Clients.
- Manage routers, ensuring optimal performance, security, and connectivity.
- Proficiency in using remote support tools.
- Proven experience in IT support and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software components.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently when required.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Proactive attitude with a focus on continuous improvement.
4. Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in the IT field.
- Membership in ICTAZ (ICT Association of [Your Country/Region]).
- Strong networking skills and familiarity with ITIL, N+, A+ certifications (an added advantage).
- Experience working with teams, Zoom, Office 365, MS Dynamics, Linux OS, AD, Veeam, and other enterprise backup solutions and recovery procedures, as well as system monitoring tools.
5.0 OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must have at least three traceable referees with daytime mobile contact numbers and email addresses and provide the same in the CV.
2. Clearly state in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Method of Application
If you feel that you are the best fit for the job, please send your detailed CV, qualification certificates and cover letter to:
The Head – Human Resource & Administration, on email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 10th November, 2023.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.