Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
This function reports into the Head of Sales within the country’s Markets function. This is a management role requiring the holder to be a mature member of the Markets function’s customer facing relationship management team whose responsibilities include operating with business flair to fully understanding the Markets requirements of the Bank’s customer base. The incumbent should have full knowledge of Markets and Markets products and services and proactively apply the same in the provision of value adding Markets solutions to customer’s identified needs while also maintaining balanced interaction with the other two key areas of Markets in driving the overall business strategy. The role calls for interaction with colleagues from other functional areas of the Bank primarily Corporate Banking, Business Banking, Trade Finance and Retail areas in contributing to the Banks’ overall business strategy.
Key actions to include:
- Under the guidance of the Head of Sales, actively participating in the implementation of the Market Sales Strategy in line with the Market Sales Strategy and country sales requirements
- Working closely with the Head of Sales to implement the FX Strategy roll out in country, which includes:
- Working closely with the Head of Sales to implement branch FX sales activities
- Timely provision of rate sheets to branches
- Monitoring FX cash levels in branches to ensure sufficient supply for customers within set limits.
- Authorising E-box/TRI/TRO fx transactions within authorised limits
- Dealing in branch fx transactions with authorised branch dealers with limits
- Helping Senior Markets sales team to ensure that Relationship managers, Branches and Corporate service Centres process customer transactions timely.
- Ensure that root cause processing errors on fx trades are identified, with appropriate training provided to branch officials
- Ensure customer telephone calls are answered timely and directed to the appropriate Markets personnel.
- Ensure that all branch FX transactions are advised and covered through the FX trading desk for efficient management of FX position
- Acting as the primary point of contact for both internal (Corporate & Retail) and external Market Sales clients, ensuring regular face-to-face engagement with the Retail team to promote teamwork
- Managing one’s allocated client portfolio and support the team in the management of the other client portfolios where needed
- Under the direction of the Head of Markets Sales achieving a leading position in the chosen products, markets and segments by:
- Spending at least 50% of one’s time meeting with existing and identified new clients
- Giving superior customer service
- Presenting the full Absa product set to clients whilst managing the product portfolio to suit client needs
- Expanding the customer base to financial institutions and investors as is appropriate
- Undertaking customer visits and joint customer visits with Corporate
- Actively participating in client events with Absa Capital Economics unit and Corporate, including training and seminars, and Entertaining clients as permitted under the bank and group compliance policies
- Managing one’s client portfolio to generate strong growth and sustainable returns over the business cycle with special focus on Customer Service and Financial Performance
- Ensure that Counterparty credit limits are not exceeded
- Assisting the Head of Markets Sales in achieving strategic and tactical objectives
- Ensure that Markets E-Commerce/digital channels (e.g Absa Access FX ) are effectively distributed to clients
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.