Maamba Collieries Limited
Maamba Collieries Limited (MCL) is jointly owned by Nava Limited and ZCCM-IH pic. The Company owns and operates a large-scale coal mine and also operates a 300 Mega Watt Coal fired Power Plant to cater for the growing demand for power in Zambia.
Maamba Collieries Limited is looking for dynamic and enthusiastic professionals who will manage a community library in Maamba- Sinazongwe District.
Librarians (2 positions)
The successful candidates will be part of the Maamba Development Trust, and will oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the library’s short and long-term strategic plans, initiates and oversees the implementation of library policies and procedures.
- Provide customer service for library users.
- To index, catalogue, Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization.
- Register new customers and maintaining and updating customer profiles.
- To do stock taking
- To do minor repairs on books
- To oversee and monitor Issuance of books
- Provide suggestions to library users about new books to try.
- To ensure the library is clean at all times
- Do any other duty assigned.
- A minimum experience of Three (3) years.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with Merit or better in English
- Hold a Degree/Diploma in Library information system with relevant skills in the area applied for.
- High competency in computer skills.
- Have three traceable references
- Should be committed and hard working.
- Must have proof of membership to a professional organization or association;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and to develop new or revised systems, procedures, and work flow
Method of Application
If you think you meet the above qualifications and experience, kindly apply to the undersigned, enclosing your detailed CV, copies of your certificates and citing 3 traceable references, not later than 10th June, 2023.
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Mamba Collieries Limited
P.O Box 99
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit maambacoal.com.