As a Loan Officer, you play a crucial role in delivering exceptional service to both internal and external clients. Your responsibilities include fostering positive client relationships, addressing client needs in a timely manner, and managing challenging situations with professionalism. You will adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Customer Service Manual, ensuring prompt responses to customer inquiries. Additionally, you will proactively engage in monthly routine calls to top management, providing valuable insights and maintaining a strong connection with customers in your portfolio. Your commitment to excellence will contribute to our overall success in meeting and exceeding client expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client/ Relationship Management: Maintain a good relationship with clients under his/her portfolio, and ensure clients are well informed with all offering.
- Strategic Plan: Partner with Branch Managers to develop weekly and monthly action plans with regard to credit clients, loan disbursements and other individual performance goals.
- Market studies: Maintain a good knowledge of his/her assigned market area and understanding of clients’ needs and competing products. Research and develop new business opportunities within assigned geographical zone. Assist the marketing department in market research and impact studies upon request.
- Products/Services: Market all company products and services to potential clients by using promotional tools and mechanisms approved by company’s management.
- Risk Management: Conduct thorough analysis of each client’s payment capacity and willingness; evaluate the credit risk before Credit Committee. Actively work on maintaining clients’ repayment willingness.
- Customer Service: Ensure clients receive the best service; maintain good relations with clients, and timely respond to the needs of existing clients.
- Record keeping: Compile credit files and all necessary documents, hand over to back office staff for processing.
- Reporting: Prepare and present reports as required by the BM
- Compliance: Ensure that each loan is disbursed in compliance with company lending procedures, policies and methodology at all stages of loan processing.
- Ensure the availability of Company manuals and brochures at the region.
- Manage the security of persons and physical assets and maintain the cleanliness of the branch in line with the administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure that complete reports are all submitted to the Branch Manager in time.
- Review on a monthly and/or weekly basis the issues raised by the branch manager and/or branch staff.
- Any other responsibility requested by the Branch Manager in line with the company policies
- Ensure internal and external clients receive the best service; maintain good relations with clients, and timely respond to the needs of existing clients.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs as per guidelines in the Customer Service Manual
- Meets commitments.
- Make monthly routine calls to top management for customers on
- Owner Mentality – An approach to work and decision making that ties the fate of the organization to one self. Non Labourer.
- Accountability – A commitment and behavior that takes aim at delivery of overall business objectives. Behavior, actions and results must have consequences. Non silo and non-charlatan
- Discipline – Holding oneself to the highest standards of work. Excellence. World class professional output. Non substandard
- Communication – Strength in genuine, active and effective consultation and sharing of information. Praise for escalating bad news urgently
- Leadership – leaders create leaders NOT followers. Visible developing of great leaders. Development of talent through tough and exciting business challenges. Leads and lives by example
- Commercial Acumen – Driven to exploit commercial opportunities to profit the organization. Passion to create a great business of scale. Non small minded
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in Marketing, Business, Finance, Economics or any other relevant Diploma
- At least 6 Months Working in a client-facing sales role and Micro-Finance exposure space is highly desired.
- Basic mathematics and analytical skills required, writing, reading and
comprehension skills, attention to details.
- Strong customer orientation.