Zambia Railways Limited
Zambia Railways Limited (ZRL) is a national Railway of Zambia. The Company specialises in transporting heavy cargo in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as running a local passenger train service. The area of product specialization is freight-bulk cargo and passenger rail services to the satisfaction of all Stakeholders. The Company therefore seeks the services of committed, vibrant, innovative, and strategically focused and business oriented Zambian nationals to fill the vacant positions below:
JOB TITLE: MANAGER INTERNAL AUDIT
DEPARTMENT: MANAGING DIRECTOR’S OFFICE
SUPERVISOR: MANAGING DIRECTOR/ AUDIT COMMITTEE
Responsible for overseeing and directing Internal Audit functions and the formulation of appropriate audit programs, assigning and directing staffing resources to complete the audit plans as scheduled, generating final audit reports for internal and regulatory agency review. and conducting thorough follow-up audits on previously identified issues.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The duties of the job holder will among other things be to:
- Develop and implement the internal audit charter.
- Ensure prompt development and implementation of annual audit plan.
- Manage performance, reviews audit working papers and audit reports.
- Consult and advise management on operational and administrative issues.
- Coordinate and interact with audit firms and regulatory bodies performing external audits.
- Participates in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies
- Ensure compliance to internal policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls, risk management and accounting systems.
- Ensure effective evaluation of internal controls and operating practices.
- Design and initiate auditing techniques, practices, and benchmarks for the audit staff.
- Review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of the systems
- Observe and assess internal processes and procedures, provide compliance reports and recommendations.
- Provide input in the development of risk internal audit and strategic plans that align with current and future corporate goals.
- Ensure best practices, standards and procedures of the company in all audit operations.
- Monitor ZRL’s compliance to laws and regulations.
- Monitor contract performance.
- Participate in monitoring the implementation of the Strategic Business Plan (SBP).
- Develop and implement policies and contingency plans for risk and liabilities control
- Ensure adherence to all safety protocols and guidelines.
- Full grade 12 certificate (5 “0” levels) with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with ACCA, CA or equivalent.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior finance position
- Membership to a relevant professional body is a must.
Method Of Application
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications, and details of three (3) traceable referees with their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs Friday 11 August, 2023 to both email addresses email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be addressed to:
Director Human Resource and Administration
Zambia Railways Limited
1st Floor Shitima House,
PO Box 80935
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted