Bayport Financial Services
MANAGER – REFUNDS MANAGEMENT (1) – LUSAKA
Reporting to the Head – Portfolio Management, the Job holder will ensure the verification of refund queries, calculation of refund amounts, processing of refunds and preparation of refunds EFT payment, submission to the appropriate (Finance or Commercial) department for final pay-out to clients
- Implement strategies for timely handling of refunds processing and pay out.
- Formulate plans to meet the business objectives and long-term goals.
- Review and determine the Refunds unit team’s strengths, weaknesses, operational effectiveness, and opportunities.
- Supervise Processing of daily Payroll, DDACC, Termination, Outright Settlement, Insurance related refunds in Baylend for assigned portfolio in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly Refunds Reconciliation (“Recon”) Report/ Reconciliation of Recon with the Financial Ledger
- Oversee the manual refunds process and ensure manual refunds paid out are processed in the system on a timely manner. Oversee the Timely preparation of refund related exceptions requiring balance adjustments.
- Oversee the accurate preparation of the EFT pay-out database and ensure all refunds processed and appear on the DB are forwarded to finance for processing (Pay-out via EFT). Follow up on bounced refunds to facilitate cash payments by the branch. Troubleshooting of queries received related to Payroll, DDACC, Termination, Outright Settlement, Insurance refunds
- Oversee the Backup of all refund approval and EFT Refund pay-out documentation onto the Refunds Folder on the Back-up Server. Maintaining Cash and EFT Consolidated Refund Pay-out DB.
- Build, understand and sustain relationships with internal stakeholders concerning refunds for clients with Bayport loans.
- Handling and resolution of queries with or without further escalation
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related discipline
- Experience in the financial service industry or in a sales role will be an added advantage
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
Method of Application
Suitable candidates must send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the email subject, attaching their current CVs and professional/academic certificates.
The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 31 January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.