Zambia Railways Limited
Zambia Railways Limited (ZRL) is a national Railway of Zambia. The Company specialises in transporting heavy cargo in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as running a local passenger train service. The area of product specialization is freight-bulk cargo and passenger rail services to the satisfaction of all Stakeholders. The Company therefore seeks the services of committed, vibrant, innovative, and strategically focused and business oriented Zambian nationals to fill the vacant positions below:
JOB TITLE: MANAGER RISK AND COMPLIANCE
DIRECTORATE: MANAGING DIRECTOR’S OFFICE
SUPERVISOR: MANAGING DIRECTOR
To coordinate and oversee all risk management activities of the organization and ensuring compliance with internal policies, relevant contracts/agreement, and all legal and regulatory requirement in accordance with an internal compliance plan.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Develop and implement risk management framework.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, and review risk register.
- Develop and review relevant risk management strategies.
- Monitor compliance to laws and regulations and ensure adherence to compliance plan.
- Conduct and implement detailed risk assessments and ensure effective mitigation.
- Develop and implement compliance systems.
- Provide risk assessment reports for the implementation of the Strategic Business Plan (SBP).
- Analyse market trends, reports, statistics, and relevant documentation for recommendation of best practice.
- Conduct environmental audits to ensure the company meets environmental requirements.
- Observe and assess internal processes and procedures, provide compliance reports
- Ensure development and implementation of all company policies and contingency plans for risk and liabilities control.
- Conduct research and investigations for all potential risks.
- Provide technical expertise on all risk and compliance matters.
- Ensure adherence to all safety and protocol guidelines.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Governance and compliance philosophies, policy, and management practices.
- Innovative and strategic thinking skills.
- Report writing dealing with detailed, complex, and technical concepts.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Interpretation of legislative and professional standards.
- Full grade 12 certificate (5 “0” levels) with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics, Risk or equivalent.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management position in a risk and compliance environment.
- Membership to a relevant professional body is a must.
Method Of Application
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications, and details of three (3) traceable referees with their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs Friday 11 August, 2023 to both email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Applications must be addressed to:
Director Human Resource and Administration
Zambia Railways Limited
1st Floor Shitima House,
PO Box 80935
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted