Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited academic institution in Medical (Clinical)
• Two years for Bachelor’s degree holder and 3 years for diploma holders of relevant
clinical laboratory experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory;
• Relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel and laboratory operations;
• Knowledge and experience in clinical laboratory techniques;
• Knowledge of laboratory quality management systems;
• Knowledge of the principles and practices laboratory biosafety;
• Computer literate with understanding of accurate data collection and analysis for
monitoring and continuous improvement of laboratory services and performances; and,
• Good awareness of the laboratory role in health systems, optional use of resources for
quality and efficient services delivery.
• Effectively applies and transfers relevant technical knowledge and practices to personnel
and laboratory operations
• Organizational skills;
• Communication skills.
Languages: Fluency in English (oral and written)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and
committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to
achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication;
explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Method Of Application
Interested applicants should submit their electronic applications .
addressed to The Operation Manager,
email address: email@example.com
Not later than 20th August 2023. Remember to quote position title: Laboratory Technologist in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 05.08.2023 to 20.08.2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org