Vital Beverages Limited
Vital Beverages is a recognized producer of high quality natural spring water products that complements the existing traditional products in order to satisfy the changing demands of the market; currently looking for highly motivated and qualified individuals for the following position.
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Microbiologist to join our beverage manufacturing team. As a Microbiologist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, quality, and consistency of our beverage products by conducting microbiological analyses, monitoring production processes, and implementing effective quality control measures. Your expertise will contribute to maintaining high standards of hygiene, sanitation, and overall product excellence within our factory.
- CIP Routine Monitoring: Conduct thorough monitoring and evaluation of Clean-in-Place (CIP) routines for our water and CSD production lines. Ensure that CIP procedures effectively eliminate microbiological contaminants and adhere to the hygiene standards set by the Zambia Bureau of Standards.
- Microbiological Testing: Perform routine microbiological testing on raw materials, finished products, and environmental samples to validate compliance with GMP and Zambia Bureau of Standards guidelines. Analyze and report findings to the Quality Assurance Technologist.
- Environmental Monitoring: Implement and manage environmental monitoring programs to guarantee the cleanliness and sterility of production areas, equipment, and facilities. Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Technologist to address any findings.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: Collect, interpret, and analyze microbiological data from various samples. Generate comprehensive reports outlining trends, deviations, and recommendations for process improvements. Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Technologist to develop appropriate action plans.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of all microbiological testing, CIP routines, and monitoring activities. Ensure documentation aligns with regulatory requirements and internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Quality Audits: Participate in internal quality audits to evaluate adherence to GMP and Zambia Bureau of Standards standards. Work with the Quality Assurance Technologist to implement corrective measures when necessary.
- Process Enhancement: Identify opportunities for optimizing microbiological testing procedures, CIP routines, and overall quality assurance practices. Provide input and support in implementing process improvements.
- Training and Education: Assist in training production personnel on proper microbiological sampling techniques, aseptic practices, and documentation protocols.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay informed about relevant regulations, including Zambia Bureau of Standards guidelines and other applicable industry standards. Ensure all microbiological procedures and practices align with these regulations.
- Hygiene inspection of plants and workers.
- Environment monitoring
Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
High organizational skills and ability to work under extreme pressure and multitasking
Strong time management and prioritization skills
Excellent record keeping and documentation skills
Strong attention to detail
Preparation and Analysis of:
o Culture and growth media and necessary dilution and sterilization.
o Petri dishes, pipettes and test tubes and sterilisation of related tools.
o Section and observing and recording of incubation samples.
o Raw material and finished goods.
Recording of all analysis of microbiological results and maintenance and actions
Strong communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage complex schedules and logistics.
Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and written,
Ability to lead and manage a team effectively.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Microbiology or a related field.
Previous experience as a microbiologist in the food or beverage industry.
Strong understanding of GMP principles, microbiological testing methods, and CIP processes.
Proficiency in using laboratory equipment and software for data analysis.
A minimum of 2 years working experience.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and relevant supporting documents to the address below on or before 30th August 2023.
Email address: email@example.com