Jhpiego seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for monitoring, evaluation and research (MER) activities for an innovative Unitaid project that seeks to reduce PPH-related mortality and morbidity globally. Accelerating Measurable Progress and Leveraging Investments for PPH Impact (AMPLI-PPHI) is a four-year project that will catalyze early adoption and set the stage for scale up of new and recently recommended drugs for postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) in high-burden countries with a focus on DRC, Guinea, India, Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia. AMPLI-PPHI will address key barriers to policy adoption and dissemination, procurement and supply, and service delivery, with a focus on demand generation for policy-makers, providers and patients. The project will demonstrate the operational feasibility and acceptability as well as the cost-effectiveness of the new PPH drug introduction.
As a member of the AMPLI-PPHI Zambia Zambia’s senior management team and the multi-country MER team, the MER advisor will be responsible for providing technical leadership to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities in Zambia. In addition, they will guide research and learning activities in Zambia responding to national-level evidence needs and contributing to the learning objectives of this multi-country award. The MER advisor will work closely with the MER and technical teams to design, implement and supervise project MER activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into program implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The MER Advisor is also responsible for documenting and disseminating program successes and challenges to project leadership and UNITAID and supervising the MER Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction on MER activities to ensure technical and financial integrity to achieve program goal and corresponding objectives and targets.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting as well as supplemental data collection efforts in coordination with five other AMPLI-PPHI countries and Jhpiego home office.
- Collaborate with / serve as principle investigator for implementation research activities, including protocol and tool development, managing local ethical reviews, data management and analysis and management of consultants and/or research firm.
- Foster a culture of data-use for decision-making both internally for the AMPLI-PPHI team and with project stakeholders.
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits and precise standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Jhpiego data quality standards, Unitaid operational policies and regulations, and international and national research ethical standards.
- Work with project and financial staff to prepare work plans and project budgets and track progress of project activities and budgets ensuring that resources for implementation of MER activities are available.
- Coordinate all MER capacity-building activities with project staff, implementing partners and facility staff.
- Supervise and mentor MER Officer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with government and private sector partners, PPH/MNH implementing partners, and other key stakeholders to maximize resources and avoid duplication of effort.
- Represent Jhpiego and the project’s progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors, key stakeholders through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Work closely with Jhpiego home office staff to ensure effective, timely and coordinated implementation of MER activities.
- Contribute results reporting to UNITAID by providing written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports.
- Ensure relevant data are entered quarterly into JADE, Jhpiego’s organization-wide performance management system.
- Advanced degree in international public health, demography, statistics, social sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation for large, multi-year health sector development programs.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with senior government officials, donors, and other implementing partners.
- Demonstrated experience working in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in programs and technical staff and government counterparts.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, such as R, Stata, or SPSS.
- Proficiency in Office 365, including advanced excel skills.
- Excellent technical writing, problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Awareness of, sensitivity to, and experience effectively working in diverse socioeconomic settings and with multi-cultural staff and groups.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically/internationally 30%.
- Fluency in written and spoken English strongly preferred
- Experience as a research study principle investigator
- Expertise in quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and support staff
- M&E and/or research experience in maternal health, especially postpartum hemorrhage
- Knowledge of DHIS2
- Familiarity with national HMIS indicators, especially for maternal health
Method of Application
USE THE LINK HERE TO APPLY :
Performance Measures: (SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bound)
An annual work plan with SMART performance measures will be developed.