2. POSITION: SNR PROJECT ENGINEER/MANAGER x 2 – PERMANENT
This position reports to Capital Projects Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and control all assigned projects to the agreed BOQ’s standards and contract.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure integrity of strategic intent of Major Capex projects is maintained throughout implementation, trade-offs are managed, and changes in thinking are documented.
- Ensure major capex projects are on track and designed for success, remove any obstacles the project teams need assistance
- Own the project(s) business case and ensure that the associated financial integrity is robust and aligned with the business strategic plan.
- Submit finance approval applications with the required project sequence documentation in line with the annual capital cycle for capital projects
- Explore that all possible options for the project are rigorously analysed, such that the alternatives are well understood.
- Manage contract development and execution to ensure that agreed SLA’s and Zambia Sugar standards are met for all projects.
- Support development of FEPs for major capex projects, ensure Procurement processes are followed and engineering principles are adhered too.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables- monitoring process weekly and attend project meetings.
- Develop and maintain major capex project plans, incl. milestones and control expenditure to agreed expenditure.
- Develop Major Capex project budget(s) and conduct scope change control of strategic project cashflow (if required)
- Ensure project activities owned and resourced.
- Ensure effective governance mechanisms within project teams to support delivery (on time, in full, within agreed specification and on budget)
- Planning – alignment with the PMO office and the associated plans, collate all projects to a 10 Strategic plan and outcomes.
- Manage the adherence to corporate project governance procedures and processes to ensure that the appropriate management controls are in place and that projects are delivered according to plan.
- Ensure that an appropriate risk management process is applied to ensure that foreseeable significant risks are identified and managed.
- Implementation of an appropriate quality management system to ensure that all project outputs meet the key stakeholder requirements.
- Provide health and safety (H&S) leadership for the project team(s) and assume responsibility for all aspects of H&S associated with the project(s).
- The scope of the project delivery role is variable depending on the nature and size of the project. The role also has responsibility for the management of external contractors engaged to support project delivery.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements areas
- Degree or equivalent in Civil /Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical / C&I Engineering/ Civil relevant professional registration & certification in Project Management
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing or industrial project management,
- Specific skills: industrial engineering experience, project management of medium to large projects.
- 8+ years’ direct work experience in PMO; knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- PMP highly advantageous
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application – (Position Title)” in the subject line.