3. POSITION: PROJECTS MANAGER /ENGINEER x 2 – PERMANENT
This position reports to Capital Programme Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing assigned projects from requirements definition until fully operational and handed over to the customer. Ensure all assigned projects are completed to the agreed BOQ’s standards and contract. In addition, contactors to meet SLA requirements including safety, quality and works within the agreed timelines.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Deliver projects to schedule and within the project timeline and budget
- Enforce SHERQ compliance, ensuring project safety files are in place and in line with Zambia Sugar SHE guidelines.
- Scope projects to inform the contractor procurement process.
- Support line functions to develop projects to agreed budget and/or agreed cost flows.
- Submit finance approval applications with the required project sequence documentation in line with the annual capital cycle for capital projects.
- Complete monthly inputs for each active assigned project ensuring that the financial, risk and planned steps are highlighted along with the actual and revised timeline and cash flows as prescribed in the monthly input.
- Manage contractors to ensure that agreed SLA’s and Zambia Sugar standards are met for all projects.
- Evaluate and sign off the implementation of the BOQ and work standards of all assigned projects as per the defined scopes and contracts.
- Manage the adherence to corporate project governance procedures and processes to ensure that the appropriate management controls are in place and that projects are delivered to plan.
- Ensure that an appropriate risk management process is applied to ensure that foreseeable significant risks are identified and managed.
- Implementation of an appropriate quality management system to ensure that all projects’ outputs meet the key stakeholder requirements.
- Provide health and safety (H&S) leadership for the project team(s) and assume responsibility for all aspects of H&S associated with the project(s).
- Manage projects according to the PMBOK knowledge areas.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies, and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- The scope of the project delivery role is variable depending on the nature and size of the project. The role also has responsibility for the management of external contractors engaged to support project delivery.
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements areas
- Degree or equivalent in Civil/ Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical / C&I Engineering; relevant professional registration.
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing or industrial project management,
- Specific skills: industrial engineering experience, project management of medium to large projects.
PMP highly advantageous
Method of Application
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Business Partner
Email: email@example.com indicating “Application – (Position Title)” in the subject line.