First Quantum Minerals
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
To safely operate equipment on which he/she is trained on and permitted.
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include:
- Operate machine safely and competently
- Follow operating manuals and general pit and safety signage
- Report all defects on the machine and care for the machine
- Conduct all pre and post-shift inspections and maintenance on equipment and working environment
- Report all defects on a machine and care for the machine
- Follow correct instructions from the respective supervisor and laid down procedure and regulations.
- Ensure good house-keeping
- Performs other related duties that may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Competent in Operating Mining Ancillary Equipment (Grader, Dozer)
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in an open pit mine
- Valid Silicosis
- Valid First Aid Certificate will be an added advantage