WeForest is a fast-growing international non-profit organisation headquartered in Belgium and with current projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, Senegal and Zambia. The mission of the organisation is to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest and landscapes for climate, people and planet. We promote scientific evidence for the ways in which forests contribute to climate change mitigation, beyond their impacts as stocks of carbon, by increasing water availability, enhancing local biodiversity conservation and rural livelihood and resilience.
The Organisational Development Specialist will be responsible for strengthening the organisational and technical capacity of the program partners in such fields as governance and organisational sustainability, financial management, legal compliance, administration, human resource management, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy, among others according to the particular institutional needs. The Organisational Development Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Country Director, and in close coordination with the Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Advisor (based in Ndola), as well as the Lead Community Outreach Officer (based in Mpika).
1. Lead the design and implementation of organisational development strategies for the organisation.
2. Lead on resource mobilisation for WF Zambia to implement its’ organisational development strategies.
3. Represent WF Zambia on relevant forums related to OD/CBO development; network and stay updated on relevant national level policies, trends and programmes.
4. Facilitate processes that help partner Community Based Organisations (CBOs) to define their identity and to develop a strategic focus that will guide their work and strengthen their capacities.
5. Create one-to-one spaces for CBO leaders and WeForest Zambia (WFZ) management staff with professional coaches which they can use to better understand their leadership style and impact on their effectiveness and on the organisational culture.
6. Help CBOs to objectively question their structure and governance model, analysing whether decision making models, roles and responsibilities sharing serve the organisation’s purpose and are effective.
7. Support CBOs to understand what partnership is and to define their expectations with regard to the different partnerships they engage in.
8. Coordinate the provision of technical assistance and organisational design support to the CBOs including soliciting their feedback on the quality and timeliness of that support.
9. Monitor changes in CBOs’ institutional and technical capacity and offer recommendations on appropriate organisational development support and follow-up.
10. Support CBOs in reflecting upon and defining the most appropriate business model that supports their work allowing the organisation to be less dependent on one type or source of funding thereby allowing for greater flexibility and sustainability.
11. Develop tools, guidance and other documents relative to organisational design such as training programs, resource materials, presentation etc.
12. Provide technical support to revise strategic and other organisational plans, policies and procedures template documents as needed.
13. Contribute organisational related inputs to project work plans, budgets, reports, etc.
14. Troubleshoot to help identify and resolve organisational issues related to organisational design, thus ensuring the projects stay on schedule and within budget as well as attain its broader objectives related to sustainability and local ownership.
15. Efficient and transparent reporting to Zambia Country Director
- A Master’s degree in, Public Administration, Law, Political Science, Social development, Sociology, Anthropology, Business Administration, Economics, Management or equivalent
- Fluent in English (both speaking and writing)
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in Organization Development and CBO Capacity building , track record of working with CBOs, i.e. setting up CBOS from registration up to functioning, preferably with CBOs working on CBNRM.
- Knowledge of policies/framework/trends in Zambia related to Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Excellent management, coordination, training, reporting and communication skills
- Flexible in terms of travelling and living condition
- Excellent team player
- Ability to develop and manage complex budgets
- Possess good facilitation skills and participatory approaches
- Community Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM) experience will be an added advantage
Terms & Conditions
Position: Full-time employee, 5 or 6 days per week.
Base: Head Office Ndola, Zambia
Start date: As soon as possible, preferably by 01/02/2024
Package: Competitive package for a small organisation, level 4b salary package
Method of Application
Please send applications to email@example.com with your CV, a motivation letter, and min.3 recent references by 27/11/2023. References must include at least one former employer and one enterprise that you have supported.
Make sure to mention the job title in the subject of the email, and to indicate where you saw the job post. In your motivation letter, we’d love to read about what makes you interested to work with WeForest Zambia and why you think you are best suited, referring to examples of enterprises or organisations that you have successfully supported in the past. Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org