Beit Cure Children's Hospital
All co-workers of CURE are expected to support and embody the following Core Values:
● Christ-like Compassion – “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” — Matthew 25:40
We depend on God alone who is the source of changed lives and transformed communities.
● Faithfulness in Prayer – “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will
for you in Christ Jesus.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
We love serving children and helping them live life to its fullest.
● Joy in Service – “Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” — Psalm 100:2
We do the right thing and keep our promises.
● Integrity Always – “For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in
the eyes of man.” — 2 Corinthians 8:21
We humbly collaborate with our patients, partners, and colleagues for multiplied impact.
● Intentional Relationships – “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds” — Hebrews 10:24
We strive to deliver the highest standard of care and professionalism in our work
● Commitment to Excellence – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for
human masters” — Colossians 3:23
This position requires the co-worker to agree with the declarations of the Statement of Faith.
The Anesthesiologist is responsible for providing anesthesia services to assigned patients in the hospital setting including those who are unable to pay, those whose care is subsidized and those who are private pay.
1. Complete preoperative anesthesia evaluations of patients and order necessary lab work/consultation.
2. Review preoperative patient charts for pertinent lab work, history and physical, vital sign chart, fluid status and medication sheet.
3. Utilize appropriate monitors and monitor patients intra-operatively.
4. Perform induction, maintenance & emergence of general anesthesia.
5. Manage the patient airway adequately utilizing the mask, bag-valve mask, intubation, LMA, and other emergency airway procedures.
6. Accurately manage fluid resuscitation in the patient.
7. Oversee the maintenance of the anesthesia machine, oxygen supply, suction, and all equipment necessary to providing anesthesia.
8. Perform various regional anesthesia techniques.
9. Assess and implement pain management in the post-operative recovery period.
10. Identify and treat intra operative & post-operative anesthesia complications.
11. Accurately and thoroughly chart pertinent patient information pre, intra, and post operatively.
12. Set up all necessary monitors and drugs and check the anesthesia machine and oxygen supply prior to each anesthetic.
13. Seek opportunities to teach staff both clinically and didactically with regards to advanced life support, anesthesia, & pain management.
14. Protect the patient from harm utilizing proper positioning techniques and act as an advocate for the patient’s welfare.
15. Maintain competency of anesthesia practice in accordance with professional standards established by the profession.
16. Participate in resuscitation of patient when required.
17. Oversee the maintenance of an accurate narcotic count and supply in the operating room and post-anesthesia care unit.
18. Oversee work of the Anesthesia Technicians or other assigned employees.
19. Ensure adequate restocking of anesthesia supplies by supervising the Anesthesia Technicians or other assigned employees.
20. Report to the Medical Director at any time when it appears to be unsafe to operate the operating rooms (e.g. lack of oxygen).
21. Act as an anesthesia consultant to anesthesia providers and medical/surgical staff.
22. Complete monthly electronic report per the direction of the Nursing/Anesthesia Clinical Director.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Co-worker must perform other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
1. Medical degree from qualified, recognized medical institution with Post graduate training in pediatric anesthesiology
2. On the Specialist Register – HPCZ
3. Current licensure
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of anesthesia
3. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment
4. Ability to assess medical conditions and interpret findings, prepare and maintain medical records and reports, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
5. Strong interest in teaching and training
6. Ability to keep matters confidential.
1. Attention to Details – Able to be alert in a high-risk environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
2. Decision Making & Problem Solving – Able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues: able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
3. Initiative – Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
4. Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
5. Teamwork: Able to share due credit with co-workers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from co-workers; display team spirit.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a co-worker encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The co-worker must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a co-worker to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
1. The co-worker must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
2. While performing the duties of this position, the co-worker is required to:
a. Frequently: sit, use fine finger dexterity, talk, and hear.
b. Occasionally: stand, walk, reach with hands and arms.
3. To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
4. The co-worker must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
Method Of Application
To apply for this role, please use the following link below: