Konkola Copper Mines Plc
KONKOLA MINERAL RESOURCES LIMITED
Konkola Mineral Resources Limited (KMRL) a subsidiary of Konkola Copper Mines Plc (KCM Plc), is one of the largest copper producers in Zambia. The company operates an open pit mines located at Nchanga and Konkola. KMRL’s growth trajectory presents exciting opportunities to leverage minerals and human resources to enhance stakeholder value and become Zambia’s pride. To support this vision, KMRL would like to recruit an experienced and qualified individual for the following position in the underground Medical Department.
Pediatrician – (Senior Registrar)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Work directly under the consultant in providing leadership, efficient, effective and quality service in the department of Paediatrics and Child Health, as well as managing children requiring specialist care.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, teach, advise and mentor medical officers, nursing and paramedical staff in handling of pediatric emergencies and care.
- Fulfill all on-call obligations in order to ensure prompt, efficient and effective management of children.
- Supervise and conduct paediatric day to day ward rounds and outpatient clinics.
- Carry out appropriate consultation with the consultant on the management of patients with complicated conditions.
- Timely and appropriate referral of patients requiring advanced care
- Communicate and cooperate with patients, colleagues and other members of staff so that a good team spirit is maintained and the individual patient is recognized as paramount.
- Keep abreast of the developments in pediatrics, participate and conduct research and audits in order to improve medical practice within the available resources.
- Grade 12 school certificate
- MBChB or its equivalent
- MMed/STP in Paediatrics or its equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ postgraduate experience
- Full registration with Health Professions Council of Zambia with a current practicing license
Method Of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications and certified copies of certificates to The Resourcing Manager, Konkola Mineral Resources Limited, Private Bag KCM (C) 2000 Chingola or email to KCMCareers@kcm.co.zm before 8th September 2023. The email applications should clearly state the position applied for in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to KCMCareers@kcm.co.zm