Unicaf University is an independent, accredited university, offering high-quality internationally recognised qualifications, combining the best elements of online education.
Unicaf University in Zambia is growing and looking for a part-time Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) to join our research clusters to carry forward its research mandate.
The University’s mandate demands that the institution contributes to the socio-economic development of Zambia and the region through education, research, innovation, and
entrepreneurship. Research and innovation output that can create such an impact needs to be strengthened significantly at the university level through a research cluster approach. The research cluster is formally recognized as a set of multi-disciplinary research initiatives and activities done by a group of researchers who apply their knowledge and expertise to collaborate in various research programmes and/or projects.
There are four research clusters in operations:
- Education for Development
- Global change and sustainability
- Financial Inclusion and Innovation and
- Alternative Knowledge Systems and Health Remedies.
The candidate is expected to play a central role in focusing on collaborative research in any of the four clusters mentioned.
- Ph.D. in specific subjects of clusters or related fields, with a consistently good academic record throughout.
- Candidates who have submitted their thesis and are awaiting the award of the degree may also apply.
- Evidence of acceptable research skills to be able to conduct independent research with minimal supervision.
- 0-5 years of experience after obtaining a Ph.D. degree.
The appointee will be a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) and the initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of extending the contract for a maximum of two years. The extension after each year will be after a thorough review of the candidate’s performance and depending on funding. This is a part-time appointment.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should email (1) a cover letter describing their past research experiences and reasons for interest in this position, along with (2) a detailed CV, which should list peer-reviewed publications, and (3) contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit unicaf.org..