Woodford School Lusaka
Position #2 PRIMARY TEACHER
The core purpose of this role is planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in the Primary Section learning environment that guides and challenges students to acquire expected knowledge, skills and understanding to fulfill their potential in the 21st Century.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure the effective teaching and learning.
- Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
- Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programmes.
- Any other assigned duties
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better
- 2+ Year Experience at a reputable school
- Primary Teacher’s Diploma or better
- Registered and Licensed Member of the Teaching Council of Zambia
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills
- Excellent IT and interpersonal skills essential to work closely with students, colleagues and parents.
Method of Application
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License and certified copies of professional qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not be in conformity with the above specifications will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com