John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia Limited – USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity was awarded on September 13, 2022, with implementation through September 6, 2027. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) and Media 365. The Activity aims to support the Ministry of Health in mitigating against and attaining HIV epidemic control by increasing equitable access to, and use of person-centered, community-driven, and high-quality HIV prevention services for key and underserved (priority) populations.
The Activity aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. USAID CHEKUP II seeks to improve the health outcomes of priority and key populations by preventing new HIV infections and ensuring that all infected are identified, diagnosed, linked to treatment and virally suppressed. USAID CHEKUP II Activity seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Procurement Clerk
Department/Unit: Administration/ Procurement
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Category: Full – Time
Reports to: Procurement Manager
1. Roles Purpose:
The Procurement Clerk will be responsible for a variety of local and international procurements primarily for JSH Zambia office operations and CHEKUP equipment. Key to the success of this position will be the ability to liaise effectively with different units within the office i.e. IT, MIS, Administration, Finance, etc.
2. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare tender documents; undertake tender evaluations, placements and management of contracts.
- Ensure all purchase orders are raised in compliance with JSH policies and ensuring that all applicable FAR guidelines are followed and all required waivers and documentation are in place.
- Maintain auditable records for all procured items which include all supporting documentation: FPRs, FPQs, bid evaluations with memorandum of negotiation, purchase orders, invoices and proofs of delivery.
- Work with JSH staff on how to pre-qualify vendors for some procurements (e.g. quotes from hotels valid for 3 to 6 months)
- Work with staff on procurement guidelines, ensuring that staff develop the capacity to follow all applicable procurement rules correctly.
- Following verification of satisfactory receipt of goods or services, coordinate timely payment with JSH Finance.
- Produce periodic status reports on procurement as required by JSH Zambia & USAID.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3. Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Diploma or higher in procurement, logistics or any related field.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in procurement of goods and services.
- Must be a member of Zambia Institutes of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
- Knowledge of USAID procurement regulations preferred.
- Basic understanding of strategic sourcing.
- General understanding of supply chain including planning and inventory.
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented person with good organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Proficiency in common computer packages such as Word and Excel and familiar with the use of databases.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and ethics
Method of Application
To apply for the above positions, please complete the application form available here. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three traceable references, full addresses and contact information via the application form by Friday September 8, 2023. No telephone inquiries.
Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered.
Finalists will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.