JOIN OUR TEAM
Healthy Learners is a non-profit organization committed to improving the health of children in Zambia and beyond. Healthy Learners is achieving this through our unique model of school-based community health by training teachers in community health care and making schools entry points into the public healthcare system. We currently serving over 750,000 students across Lusaka, and other districts where we are working with the Zambian government to scale nationally. Visit or website to learn more: www.healthylearners.com
Healthy Learners is continuing to expand in Zambia and we are seeking to recruit the services of qualified and dedicated professional to fill the position of Procurement Coordinator to be based in Lusaka.
PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR (1) LUSAKA – FULL TIME
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sourcing and Procurement Oversight
- Implement day-to-day tasks related to the procurement of goods, services, and civil works.
- Prepare, analyze, and track supply plans.
- Regularly review and update cost structures for materials, goods, and services; communicate current pricing and availability to relevant line departments.
- Forecast and monitor upcoming levels of demand for materials, equipment, and subcontract labor.
- Regularly review inventory needs; coordinate with warehousing and line departments to determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Prepare and coordinate bid analyses.
- Prepare and launch tender documents.
- Process and prepare purchase orders.
- Work with the logistics team to monitor procurement, shipping, and delivery of materials and goods.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve procurement efficiencies.
- Support management to periodically review internal process flows, procedures, policies and recommend updated recommendations.
Contracting Process Management
- Support management in crafting negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Help review and interpret contracts provided by vendors.
- Draft internal service level agreements for onward review and execution.
- Track The validity of all agreements and recommend non/renewal, amendments, or termination.
- Monitor the performance of contractors and suppliers.
- Oversee the administration of contracts with contractors, vendors, and landlords; ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the terms of the agreement.
- Maintain an organized documentation and filing system in accordance with standard practices.
- Produce regular reports on procurement actions and status.
Relationship and Policy Adherence
- Maintain healthy, reliable, and positive relationships with suppliers and service providers.
- Work with suppliers to monitor product availability and assure competitive pricing.
- Develop, review, and update vendor lists.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes to internal, and external, policies, laws, regulations, etc.
- Carry out vendor orientation on Healthy Learners’ policies, procedures, and principles (i.e. child safety, anti-terrorism, do-no-harm, etc.)
- Ensure every procurement activity is completed in adherence to local and international standard practices, policies, donor regulations, and framework requirements.
- Protect the procurement activity from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Ensure all necessary approvals are obtained prior to procurement.
- Ensure procurement records are kept safely and ﬁled appropriately.
- Prepare reports timely as scheduled.
KEY QUALIFICATION, COMPETENCES & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related studies.
- Masters degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- Six years of relevant hands-on work experience as a purchasing professional.
- Must be a Member of an appropriate professional body such as the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply management is required.
- Prior USAID or other international donor NGO work experience is a must.
- Highly organized, disciplined, and, effective time manager.
- Excellent knowledge of complex sourcing processes.
- Strong negotiation and networking skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Local purchasing order systems and related software.
- Excellent ethical and integrity standards.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, planning, coordinating and Leadership skills.
- Good performance management skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of accounting or purchasing software.
- Proﬁcient in Microsoft Oﬃce Suite, PowerPoint, and Adobe applications;
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Method of Application
Complete an application form in the link below and submit your CV and cover letter. Only applications submitted through this platform shall be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted due to the numerous applications.
Healthy Learners is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit forms.clickup.com.