Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Procurement Coordinator.
Purpose of the role:
The incumbent will coordinate the planning, development, sourcing, and management of procurement requirements of the Organization to ensure high quality goods and services are procured ethically, economically, and timely to meet organizational and business objectives.
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Coordinator will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Plan Procurement activities.
- Determine best procurement methods.
- Source suitable suppliers as and when required.
- Negotiate favorable payment and delivery terms with suppliers.
- Negotiate better deals with the company suppliers in order to make savings.
- Acquisition of goods and services coordinated timely from the right sources in line with the principle of value for money.
- Suppliers communicated to on quality of goods and services in line with the company policy
- Local purchase orders raised accurately and on time
- Open PO’s monitored weekly & followed up on time.
- Vendor tax invoices scrutinized and forwarded to finance for payment accurately and on time.
- End users advised on ETA’s for goods on back order accurately and on time.
- Back order managed accurately and on time.
- Decide on non-performing suppliers and terminate (supplier evaluation).
- Manage and expedite new PO’s daily (load & issue).
- Ensure delivery of stock is consistently followed-up with suppliers (condense lead time by ensuring that all stock is correctly packaged etc.) timeously.
- Source emergency items on time.
- Submit invoices and delivery notes to finance for payment on time.
Manage parts discrepancies for emergency and stock orders
- Notify suppliers immediately of shortages, damaged and/or incorrect items and ensure they are received on time
- Ensure re-orders are processed immediately for shortfall items depending on urgency according to procedure.
- Maintain and enhance Customer relations.
- Harness continued customer loyalty.
- Conduct positive customer survey.
- Resolve all queries quickly and effectively.
- Provide advice to the end users on acquisition of goods and services.
- Vendors managed effectively.
- Manage team and individual performance by setting SMART annual performance objectives
- Formal performance undertaken twice annually and performance objectives achieved by team members as set out in job profile/ performance agreement.
- Ensure company policies and procedures adhered to.
- Personal development plan developed for the team annually.
- Training needs submitted within a specified time frame.
- Coaching and counseling conducted to meet individual needs.
- Ensure Health and Safety standards, regulations and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Rectify and report unsafe practices/potential hazardous situations, to the relevant supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A minimum of a Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Business Administration, or any related field.
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Minimum of Six (6) years’ work experience.
- Experience within the mining environment and/or industry will be an added advantage.
Job Specific Competencies
- Proficient in computer (Excel, word and power point)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Team Leadership.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Monday 5th February, 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com