World Renew is looking for an experienced Program Advisor to oversea development programs implemented by our partners in Lundazi, Chadiza and Mwandi.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project/Program Cycle Management Support Responsibilities
- Assist partner in facilitating actual community/group training events to model the methods and techniques to be used in the program
- Visit programs and project sites to assess and monitor for impact and relevance
- Complete regular periodic reports and evaluations as required by the stakeholders in the program
- Supervise and review the work planning and budgeting, especially for project field staff.
- Review and discuss program developments with home office staff, developing follow-up plans or proposals as necessary
- Assist with field visitors, when and where necessary
2. Partnership Advisory and Support Responsibilities
- Assist partner staff to access expertise and/or training, where applicable, in relevant sectoral or technical areas targeted to ensure the viability of interventions. This will include Gender and Justice training, technical advice and guidance.
- Assist partner to assess organizational capacity with regard to grant program implementation and to develop a capacity development plan for any gaps identified
- Review and oversee program financial management and ensure that spending aligns with budget
- Review monitoring and evaluation tools and reports to ensure accuracy
3. Team Activities
- Participate in Ministry Team (MT) meetings to reflect and represent MT decisions and strategies in consultation relationships with partner organizations
- Serve as a communication channel from the partner organization to the MT
- Act as a resource to the team in one area of technical expertise
- Contribute to quarterly organisational newsletters
While this position will not supervise or manage any position, it will be responsible for implementing and improving programs in all partners in Zambia. Influence will depend on the ability to build trust across our partner organizations. The position includes travel at least 40% of the time to partner locations and field sites.
- Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Commitment to the core development and relief concepts, models, and values of World Renew
- Demonstrated ability to assist organizations to implement, improve and integrate community development programs using a consultative approach
- Able and willing to work in a team setting and to develop team skills in others; able to work proactively with minimal supervision
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated experience in mobilizing communities in gender and one of the following list: Food security, Nutrition, VSLA, Income generation, or Church in Community projects.
- Driver’s license (including the ability to drive a manual transmission, 4-wheel drive vehicle)
- Legal right to work in Zambia
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required
- At least one year of work in community development and gender
- Experience with gender mainstreaming.
Must be able to work in both English and at least one of Lozi, Tumbuka or Nyanja. Ability to work in Portuguese will be considered a definite advantage.
Method of Application
please send your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 22 September 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org