Project: EU Support to the National Land Audit in Zambia
The Government of the Republic of Zambia has received funds from the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Zambia and COMESA to enhance the administration and management of land by supporting the National Land Audit. DAI project staff will work with the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources (MLNR) and Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD) to guide the development and implementation of the National Land Audit.
The project will be implemented by DAI Global Belgium Srl project staff over a period of 36 months (3 Years) and requires a responsible driver/ logistics coordinator to provide reliable and safe driving services to DAI staff and visitors, ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity. The Driver should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Job Title: Project Driver & Logistics Coordinator
Job Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Contractor: DAI Global Belgium Srl
Period: Three (3) years (3-month Probation, Performance Based Contract)
Nature of Job: Full time (5 days a week / 8 hours per day) – weekend or out of office hour work may be required on rare occasion with prior notice and additional compensation
Reporting: Project Manager/Director
Objectives of the assignment
Under the overall supervision of the HQ Project Management Team (Project Manager and Project Director), the Driver and Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for supporting with, but not limited to, the following:
- Driving project vehicle, transporting project staff, visitors or materials to instructed destinations in Lusaka;
- Providing pick-up and drop-off services for the project including packages, parcels, purchases etc.
- Maintaining the vehicle to the satisfactory standard acceptable to DAI including:
- Routine weekly maintenance checks of vehicle condition and reporting back any concerns or issues to DAI HQ;
- Carry out routine maintenance including basic mechanical upkeep and maintain perfect state of cleanliness – interiorly and externally;
- Organise and ensure validity of relevant insurance and road tax (where applicable);
- Organisation of logistics for the project team as needed including car hire, airport pick-up/drop-off, flight bookings etc.
- Ensures that passengers take safety precautions, such as wearing of safety belts, before any journey begins;
- Ensures that every journey and fueling/refueling are recorded in the Motor Vehicle Log Book and signed off;
- Ensures security of the vehicle at all times and that the vehicle is parked only in a secured place when not in use;
- Exceptionally/ad hoc, support the Office Manager with relevant activities –
- Performing receptionist duties: receiving and directing telephone calls, email communications, and in-person inquiries to appropriate staff members; taking and relaying messages. Conducting searches to find needed information, using the internet or any other sources.
- Carry out administrative duties such as assisting with project procurement including identification of relevant suppliers for goods/services, obtainment of quotes, selection of best supplier and completion of procurement processes
- Taking of meeting minutes, copying/ scanning/ printing/ binding- project documents etc.
- Support organisation of events including stakeholder meetings, workshops and trainings
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks, remaining flexible while adhering to strict time constraints.
- This includes willingness to work on weekends or evening (if required on rare occasions)
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is essential.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma.
- Valid driving license and proven knowledge of driving rules and regulations exhibited through safe driving record;
- Preferably 5+ years of professional work experience in administration and working as private driver or related profession;
- Sound knowledge of Lusaka and surrounding neighborhoods;
- Mechanical repair knowledge/experience of light vehicles is considered an advantage.
- Relevant professional expertise related to logistic coordination is considered an advantage.
Method of Application
Deadline for applications is by end of day on 23 January 2024. Interested candidates should submit their CV/resume electronically to via the official DAI hiring page: www.dai.com
Only suitable shortlisted candidates will be contacted back for an interview.