Peace Parks Foundation
The PM is responsible for the coordination of the KZCFP REDD+ project in the Western Province ensuring it achieves the set objectives, milestones, and outputs. The PM reports to the PPF Senior Programme manager North, while a tight operational coordination with BCP team is maintained. The PM coordinates the regular (annual, monthly and quarterly) planning and engagement of key Project-level stakeholders and reporting of Project milestones to the joint BCP/PPF project Coordinating unit.
- Achieve broad participation and ensure proper attention is given to the inclusion of marginalized and differently abled members and groups in the community.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders (Government, Traditional Authorities, NGOs, Private Sector and Communities) at the Project level
- Ensure participation of key stakeholders in project implementation following appropriate participatory approaches, such as Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC).
- Engage regularly with other stakeholders active in the landscape on similar carbon, conservation, livelihood activities and document lesson learnt that will positively influence the implementation of the Project activities.
Coordination/supervision of activities
- Develop and administer an Annual Work Plan (AWP) and budget.
- Support the Site Operations Manager in the execution of the AWP and budget
- Organize and facilitate weekly meetings with Site Operations Manager to review and document project risk and plan mitigation measures.
- Escalate any significant project risks likely to affect smooth implementation of project.
- Ensure all Sectors are compliant with BCP and PPF policies such as ESMS, LRF, BCorp, implement all recommendations of the periodic audits (VCS, CCB, FA etc.) and ensure compliance.
- Support the structuring and strengthening of the local governance and community structures for improved natural resource management.
- Review and confirm that the submitted data by the Site Operations Managers is appropriately validated and uploaded for effective management and decision making. Review the delivery of AWP by Site Operations Manager and monitor and report Project Matrices in accordance with AWP and escalate any risks to delivery to project planning unit.
- Coordinate the preparation of Project monthly reports, including milestones and impacts.
- Prepare quarterly project technical and expenditure reports.
- Ensure all information with regards to progress, information sharing and development of the partners, project beneficiaries is captured in the appropriate formats and shared as per agreed timelines.
- Support Site Operations Manager with the annual updating of project monitoring reports and documents necessary for VCS and CCB verification.
- Review documents submitted by Site Operations Manager and communicate all meeting results, general progress and verify that all reports are appropriately uploaded to G Drive for CCB/ VCS preparation.
- Ensure the Site Operations Manager are using all approved data collection systems to ensure documents and reports are accessible on demand.
- Supervise registering and report of project expenditures, commitments and balance of funds.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial reports.
- Support Project Finance and Administrative audits and implement recommendation of audit findings.
- Recruit and support capacity development of Site operations Managers.
- Managed PPF staff working for KZCFP Western.
- Support targeted capacity building for stakeholders around various REDD+ related subjects.
- With support from PPF HR, lead the development of succession plans among Sectors.
- Carry out periodic performance development reviews for Site Operations Manager.
- Liaise with Project planning unit and support development of communication materials to meet information sharing needs.
- Share impact stories and photographs with PC periodically.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Wildlife Management or Agriculture.
- At least 6 years’ relevant sector experience.
- Knowledge of community mobilization and capacity building.
- Experience in Stakeholder Engagement and Project Management.
- Proven experience in conservation and livelihoods development will be highly advantageous.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite is required and working knowledge of GIS packages is an added advantage.
- Report writing skills.
- Spoken and Written proficiency in English.
- Performance-driven with good planning and time management skills.
- Willing to lead and work with teams and lead by example.
- High integrity and leadership skills.
- Government relationship management and lobbying experience.
- Valid driving licence for Zambia.
Annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- AWP and budget developed.
- Stakeholders engagement plan developed and implemented.
- Assist in developing Engagement and Sourcing strategy and keep it under quarterly review.
- Achieve 90% of related AWP targets.
- Expand KZCFP (Western and Southern Provinces) by 850,000 ha through CFMG recognition and forest rights assignment to new Chiefdoms.
- Recruit 17 new Chiefdoms into KZCFP & 3 Site Operations Manager.
- Develop and share monthly Project Management Reports (Narrative +Financial) within agreed deadlines.
- Generate content for 10 blog and 10 Facebook postings per year.
- Ensure monthly update of all engagement and sourcing trackers for related provinces.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
Please find the advert and detailed terms of reference on the Peace Parks Foundation website: www.peaceparks.org.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing their interest in and suitability for the position, as well as Curriculum Vitae in English, with contact details of three references by Friday, 31 January 2024 to: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES will be contacted to attend an interview.