Zambia Red Cross Society
ZAMBIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Zambia Red Cross Society (ZRCS) is a Humanitarian Organization established in 1966 by an Act of Parliament CAP 307 of the laws of Zambia as an auxiliary institution that augments government efforts in humanitarian assistance. ZRCS is part of the International Red Cross movement known as International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). In line with its mandate, ZRCS works with various actors in collaboration with Government of Zambia in responding to both man-made and natural disasters. Zambia Red Cross Society is implementing an ECHO project which is a new model for humanitarian action tarred towards supporting local communities to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters subsequently protecting communities and helping them withstand future shocks, in order to effectively implement this project ZRCS hereby invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Project Officer
POSITION: PROJECT OFFICER – ECHO (4)
REPORTING TO: PROGRAMME OFFICER
WORKPLACE: – BASED at Project Offices- Mazabuka, Choma, Monze or Namwala
- 1-year fixed term Contract
EXPECTED DATE OF DEPLOYMENT: June 2023
The Project Officer will report to the Programme Officer He/she will be in charge of running the field office and coordinate all Zambia Red Cross National Society programme/project activities; He/she will undertake all measures professionally and technically appropriate to ensure effective and efficient management of project plans and resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Developmental Studies, or Economics obtained from a recognized institution.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental management; Climate change and sustainable development
- With not less 4 years experience in the related field.
Programme Support Functions
- To ensure that the field activities are well coordinated in an effective and efficient manner in line with the project plans and allocated resources
- To oversee the day-to-day field office operations
- Preparation of project periodic work plans and update them as need arises;
- Requisitions for project office supplies and project implementation activities;
- To carry out all necessary project cycle activities, including monitoring, evaluation and timely reporting functions;
- To promote field level stakeholder engagement
- Represent the NS in field level coordination mechanism;
- Volunteer mobilisation and capacity building efforts;
- To support proposal formulation and planning and budgeting processes;
- Assist with project budget tracking and provide periodic field level project financial performance updates
- In liaison with respective project components focal points contribute to periodic (weekly, monthly) project performance updates
- Guide the DM team in supporting ZRCS to enhance institutional preparedness for effective response, specifically adapting three project pillars (Disaster Risk Reduction, Cash and Epidemics controls for effective response
- To be part of standard planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of the project team
- To provide technical support to Field Officers and volunteers;
- Custodian of all project resources and assets and superintend over their utilisation
Carryout any other duties as may be reasonably assigned from time to time by the Disaster Management Officer;
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
a) Knowledge in anticipatory actions
b) Knowledge in Cash Transfer in emmergecies
c) Community Enagement and accountability
d) Knowledge in Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
e) Climate change and environmental management
Method of Application
TO APPLY, KINDLY CLICK THE LINK HERE.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS CLOSES ON 25th May 2023. ALL APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT MEET THE CLOSING DATE SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ZAMBIA RED CROSS SOCIETY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.