Howard University International, INC. Zambia
Howard University International (HUI)
Job Title :Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Category: Full Time, 1 Year renewable contract
Reports To: Country M&E Manager
Project information and scope:
Howard University international incorporated, under the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Global Health Consortium (GHC) is a PEPFAR funded Non-Governmental Organisation that Leverages on health service equity approaches to achieve sustainable HIV epidermic control and prioritizes sub population with unmet needs through evidence-based approaches designed to transform clinical HIV practice.
Howard University’s mandate in Zambia is to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in implementation of Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD-plus) in selected high-volume public health care facilities. The goal of this mandate is to improve Quality of ART care, improve viral load coverage and suppression, continuity of treatment & adherence, linkage to care, pharmacovigilance system, compliance with appointment system and to facilitate clinic decongestion through a multi-disciplinary team approach.
Key performance areas
- Design, Improve and expand data tools for use at provincial, district and facility level in data capturing and reporting
- Develop and Implement Evaluation plan
- Stay Informed of best M&E Practices and support their application at facility level.
- Strengthening M&E Framework by ensuring that all Data officers as well have a clear understanding of indicators.
- Ensure that data collected from health facilities is accurate and consistent by providing technical support on daily, weekly, and Monthly
- Ensure data is collected from all the implementing institutions/facilities daily, weekly, and monthly and follow up all implementing institutions/facilities that have not submitted data and provide required technical support
- Conduct Internal Verification Check of Monthly Reports within 2 days (48 hours) of submission date.
- Obtain corrections upon identification of data quality issues, within 24 hours of submission of queries, or within PEPFAR reporting deadlines for end-of-months.
- Design and maintain aggregate stats database.
- Maintain repository (paper-based and electronic) of all Monthly Reports and collation tools.
- Contribute to the data quality and verification activities planned in the province
- Display updated and analyzed performance indicator graphs
- Analyze, interpret, and use information for remedial interventions to optimize patient care and facility performance.
- Develop action plans in collaboration with District and facility staff in the district for indicators that reflect poor performance
- Provide monthly feedback to District and facility staff regarding Data quality (timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of data) of related indicators highlighting good performance and service delivery shortcomings
- Ensures security of data by use of back-ups weekly
- Provide data to management when needed for decision making
- Monthly inputs to provincial, district and facility reviews meetings on data quality (emphasizing timeliness and completeness) and performance with recommendations to optimize data quality
- Spot checks weekly on: Recipient of Care clinical record reviews
- Verifying that data in the registers and on the new Patient Locators forms correlate
Qualification and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science, Public Health or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience with at least 1-year experience in managing
- HIV/AIDS-related data, including data verification / quality assurance
- 2-year experience in working with MOH data management/M&E systems (from patient-record level to DHIS2 level)
- At least 2 years’ experience in Data management analysis, report writing, Data Presentation and data dissemination
- 1 year experience in working with SmartCare and able to trouble shoot, run reports, and provide technical assistance.
- At least 2-year data collection or entry experience in the health sector
- Skilled in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and MS Access
- Experience with donor programs is required.
- Experience with SmartCare required
- Background in research, monitoring, and evaluation and/or other data management field
- Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Confidence & Self Control
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and organizing
Method of Application
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Closing date: August 31st, 2023