The position will provide technical leadership, program oversight and direction in the area of case management and prevention of malaria during pregnancy for PAMO Plus. The Program Officer will support activities to improve the quality of and access to health facility-based malaria case management services and also increase the accessibility and quality of services to prevent malaria during pregnancy through early ANC visits. The Program Officer will sit at the PHO.
The Provincial Program Officer will provide direct support to district health offices in the province and work closely with the district malaria eliminations officers in the implementation of the program. PAMO Plus, Provincial Coordinator will guide day-to-day work of the Program Officer while PAMO Plus Malaria in Pregnancy Specialist will provide technical support.
Provide technical oversight in implementation of malaria in pregnancy and case management in the province according to project workplans.
Provide malaria Case Management and MIP technical support to the province and district health teams to strengthen their planning, oversight, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation capacities.
Facility to strengthen quality of malaria facility-based treatment through refresher training, mentorship, and performance assessments.
Work with Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation Officers and Surveillance Officer to a) generate and document data; b) conduct data analysis; c) document results to guide future implementation; and d) any necessary learning agenda.
Work with the District Health Teams to actively use data for decision-making and to identify how malaria case management activities and impact can be sustained over time.
- Assist the provincial coordinator in developing the annual work plans, budgets, and performance reports related to case management.
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in project implementation.
- Ensure that all project activity implementation in the province follows USAID rules and regulations, and with Jhpiego policies.
- Support the National Senior Malaria Advisor and National Malaria in Pregnancy Specialist in resolving any constraints and problems in a timely manner, and provide solutions /recommendations.
- Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine /Licentiate or nursing and postgraduate qualification in Public Health is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years field experience implementing public health programs with a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the areas of malaria service delivery and management including malaria in pregnancy prevention, care and treatment. Previous working experience on USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Technical expertise in malaria case management and malaria in pregnancy as well as surveillance, monitoring and evaluation.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia/ Nursing Council of Zambia and with a valid practicing license.
- Must have in depth knowledge of public health system in Zambia.
Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word or comparable professional software package—specific competence in the use of Microsoft word, PowerPoint, emails and working knowledge of excel.
- Good written and oral communications skills, presentation skills in English language required.
- Available to travel within the country as needed.
Method of Application
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae with three traceable references to the Human Resources Manager: Via the Link here