Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI)
PUBLIC HEALTH FIELD SAMPLE COORDINATOR
Reports to: Zambia National Public Health Reference Laboratory Manager
Location: Zambia National Public Health Institute Reference Laboratory
To oversee the process of ensuring that all the logistics ranging from transport, equipment, manpower and all the necessary field public health laboratory consumables from Zambia National Public Health Reference Laboratory (ZNPHRL) or any equivalent central laboratory and or mobile public health laboratory or equipment are mobilized and deployed in shortest possible time during
public health emergencies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates the activities around outbreak investigation and field sample collection program, developing long-range goals, obtaining funds, organizing activities, ensuring compliance with operational or program standards or contractual terms and evaluating outcomes
- Develops, implements and recommends changes in field public health policies and procedures around coordination of sample handling; interprets policies and procedures for others
- Monitoring efficacy of coordination of field sampling program
- Overseeing the entire process of sample collection and transportation while maintaining the reverse cold chain process
- Develop protocols for resulting process and amend as necessary
- Coordinate with others involved in test result process, including data entry, epidemiologists, and phone results staff
- Ensure all test results are communicated to facilities in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide weekly reports of sample movement status and process
- Coordinate with testing clinics, case investigation, and other internal and external partners
- Advise on sample quality assurance procedures during collection and transportation processes
- Provide weekly reports of status of field work
- Coordinate the conveyance of public health field sampling logistics and equipment
- Evaluates program activities to determine program effectiveness and to ensure achievement of program objectives, utilizing field observation, customized application analysis techniques; identifies obstacles to objectives and recommends improvements
- Writes reports and memoranda for consideration and approval by superiors and others recommending revisions in public health field policies and procedures
- Understanding of the process of resulting of public health specimen from a variety of lab vendors
- Understand the lab resulting process from each lab used to process results and develop a method for results to be made available to staff providing results to patients or clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with minimum five O level credits including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental or Public health or related field
- Master of Science in Environmental or Public health, advanced Field Epidemiology Training program or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in a similar or related position five (5) years of which must be in public health programs, field epidemiology including experience with case investigation of infectious diseases program
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the basic techniques to coordinate, administer and manage field public health programs
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Knowledge of standard processes involved in contract management or procurement.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and administer a program or operation.
- Ability to generate and utilize common field transport procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program recipients, customers, community groups and representatives of public and private agencies.
- Excellent field onsite training skills at both national and sub-national levels
- Ability to read, understand, retain and transmit information about public health emergencies
- Ability to capacity build others in risk communication and community engagement in public health events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competent at Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All interested persons meeting the above qualifications and experience should send their written applications to the undersigned with verified copies of academic and professional qualifications, detailed Curriculum Vitae and three references including their contact numbers.
Method of Application
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 24th May, 2023. All applications must be clearly marked on the envelope and in the subject heading in the email addresses indicating the position being applied for. Applicants wishing to submit their application letters electronically must send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interested should candidates to address their application letters:
Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI)
Stand 1186, Corner Addis Ababa Drive & Chaholi Road,