Are you up for a challenge and looking to join a great place to work? We are looking for a Regional Manager to join our team. If you think that could be you, please read on.
Who are we?
VITALITE Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company founded in 2013. VITALITE was created to increase rural electrification and combat the poverty tax affecting low-income, energy-poor households across Zambia.
Our mission is to make quality products and services accessible and affordable to all Zambian households. We pride ourselves on having been the first to pioneer a fully integrated pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) service in Zambia and aim to become the country’s leading rural service and distribution company.
According to an independent survey of our customers (run by impact reporting agency, 60 Decibels in March 2021), 88% find we’ve very much improved their quality of life.
What’s it like to work here?
- We have built a vibrant and dynamic team in which all of us are treated fairly and given equal opportunity to progress.
- We work in an emotionally safe environment within which we all have the opportunity to fully express ourselves.
- Everyone is encouraged to create positive impact for themselves, their colleagues and our customers by taking full accountability for what we do every day.
According to an independent survey (run by global gender advisory firm, Value for Women in February 2021):
- 94% of team members feel respected by their colleagues
- 97% of team members like our mission and purpose
- 86% of team members believe men and women have equal career opportunities
- 94% of team members believe issues of sexual harassment are taken seriously here
- 89% of team members believe we encourage open and honest communications
What is the job about?
Successful applicants for this role will:
The Regional Manager will be responsible for leading adherence to Standard Operating Procedures across regional NSS team, leading effective onboarding of new regional NSS staff in cooperation with HR, perform monthly regional recollections report, lead any disciplinary action regarding regional agents and distributors and perform delivery of regional staff/ agent training.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to drive sales growth and enhance the customer registration experience within the region.
- Analyze sales data, market trends, and customer feedback to identify areas for improvement and propose actionable solution
- Lead, mentor, and guide the regional sales team inclusive of sales agents, fostering a high-performance culture focused on sales excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular performance evaluations, feedback, and coaching to Sales and Service Representatives/Assistants to support their professional development.
- Oversee the operational efficiency of regional VZ Sales and Service centers, ensuring they are equipped with adequate products, marketing materials, and resources for effective sales and registration activities.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure seamless provision of essential sales and registration tools, including mobile money platform access, mobile phones, and other necessary resources.
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively manage repossessions and recommitments, ensuring minimal defaults and maximizing customer retention within the region.
- Implement recommitment initiatives that engage existing customers, address their concerns, and communicate the value of our solar home systems, leading to increased customer loyalty.
- Grade 12 Certificate with good Mathematics & English.
- Degree with majors in Business studies, Sales or Marketing.
- Driver’s License (Manual) held for more than 2 years.
- A 4-6 years proven track record of success in sales management, preferably within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead a team toward achieving ambitious sales targets.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to build relationships with both team members and stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to derive insights from sales data and market trends to drive informed decision-making.
- Proficiency in utilizing CRM software and Microsoft Office/Google Suite.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in managing remote or distributed teams.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Please email your up to date CV, copies of your Academic Qualifications, your valid driver’s license and 2 references from prior employers to email@example.com.
Please enclose an essay of not more that 500 words on the following topic. Discuss a specific instance from your past experience where you successfully led a team of sales professionals to achieve outstanding sales growth while maintaining a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified so please take care to ensure you’ve included everything.