Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Registered Nursing/ Midwifery with 3 years working experience
- Adult and paediatric ART Management Training
- Trained in HIV Counselling, testing and ART Adherence
- Trained in eMTCT management and EID services
- Experience working in ART management at facility, community and at PHC levels
- Health Care and community-based health programming for HIV
- Trained in HIV Nurse prescription a MUST
- Training certificate in Male Circumcision Surgical Skills
- Training certificate in Cervical Cancer screening
- Member of General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNC)
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- 4 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in a Community health/Hospital setting
- Health care service delivery background
- Knowledge of Laboratory ART services such as baselines tests etc.
- Knowledge of various ART related documentation
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Customer Orientation
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills and ability to determine priorities
- Counselling skills
- Professional Ethics
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Implement targeted, high yield testing strategies
- Initiate 95 percent of those who newly test positive through rapid initiation protocols at the facility and in the community
- Monitor VL suppression rates, scale-up VL testing services, including increasing testing capacity, demand creation, specimen transport, and result utilization
- 100% Clinical care in line with vital signs of all clients reviewed at facility level
- Provision of Nutrition Assessment & Counselling (NACS) to the eligible clients to improve adherence, retention and viral load suppression
- Provide age-band targeted VMMC to avert new infections and reduce the spread of HIV
- Implement PrEP among high-risk key and priority populations.
- Provide Cervical Cancer screening to all the eligible women in the facilities
- Implement differentiated service delivery (DSD) models to improve adherence, retention, and ultimately viral suppression
- Conduct quality control projects and improvement every month to improve quality care to clients
- Ensure data quality control quantitative through timely input of data
- Submission of reports on respective organisation platforms requiring your monitoring and reporting input
- Applications in the form of a cover letter and CV must be submitted to Vacancy16@righttocare.org
- All applicants are required to complete an online competency assessment accessible using this link – https://my.assessio.com/right-to-care-registered-nursemidwife_-northern-pr
- Only applicants that complete the two steps above will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to Vacancy16@righttocare.org