Airtel Networks Zambia Plc seeks to recruit the position of Regulatory Manager who will be responsible for managing Compliance and Regulator relations in the Legal and Regulatory function. To Provide regulatory advice, formulation and implementation of regulatory strategy and be the focal point for all regulatory matters affecting the organisation.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE
- Supporting senior management on negotiations of and acquisition of Licenses, Permits, Authorizations, Agreements/Contracts and License renewals.
- Ensuring compliance with all terms & conditions of Licenses, Permits & Authorizations and the preparation of Compliance Reports for Airtel Zambia.
- Lobbying of key stakeholders to advance the regulatory strategy and proactively respond to regulatory needs.
- Providing support to the Commercial team for the approval of products/services/tariffs and any amendment thereof.
- Rendering advice to the Commercial team on the packaging of offers/products to ease regulatory approval.
- Offering support to the Technical teams for necessary engagement on regulatory related issues.
- Offering regulatory support to Airtel Money compliance for all Bank of Zambia (BOZ) related engagements.
- Offering regulatory support to Fibre-Co for Fibre-Co regulatory and compliance related engagements.
- Coordinating and responding to Customer complaint investigations escalated from Regulators in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that customer facing departments adhere to Service Level Agreements for the resolution/closure of all customer complaints.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills:
- A first degree in Law, Business or related discipline, with emphasis on ICT law and regulations.
- A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantag.
- A recognized/related professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- 7 years’ experience in handling regulatory and compliance, 3 of which must have been in telecoms related practice.
- Candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of ICT law.
- Exposure to a regulatory environment.
- Ability to prepare sound briefing reports for meetings.
- Ability to manage effectively.
- Must possess sound knowledge of commercial and business issues.
- Must be a team player.
- Solid Business awareness.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on attitude.
- High personal standards and goal oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Culture sensitivity.
- Ability to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.