Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc
To grow and retain a portfolio of high value commercial relationships by performing a proactive, value adding financial partnership role, ensuring that close personal attention is given to provide a full range of customized financial solutions and services tailored to meet the growth needs of customers.
Under the supervision of the Senior Relationship Manager the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Identify the banking needs of the SME Agriculture business community for actioning by the Bank and relay the Bank’s value proposition for the growth of the portfolio and overall Bank business
- Actively prospect to identify & analyze client needs & recommend appropriate financial solutions
- Conduct account planning for portfolio to determine business opportunities and potential
- Identify and take ownership of sales leads generated from marketing events, branches, corporates clients, strategic partners etc.
- Serve as a cross-sell point of contact for product support units
- Grow revenue in line with KPIs
- Responsible for developing and maintaining quality client relationships (credit risk monitoring)
- Performing a proactive liaison role between customers, branches, credit analysts and customer service functions.
- Support customers in the completion of credit applications
- Support credit analysts in the gathering of customer information and origination of credit applications.
- Notify customers regarding the approval/decline of credit loan facilities.
- Explore alternative solutions in the event of declines from Credit.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with the Banking and Financial Services Act.
- Educate and provide information to customers in terms of bank process, available products and services, applicable fees and commissions
- Proactively manage borrowing relationships and monitoring of credit facilities to keep Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) well within expected levels for the portfolio
- Ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures to minimize operational and other losses and proactively report and document any risk events relating to the Northern region portfolio.
- Ensure portfolio consistent compliance with KYC and AML/CTF regulations.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
External: CIB and BB Customers and other customers using transactional banking solutions
Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or banking qualification preferable
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- At least five 5 years of experience in banking/commercial experience
- Credit analysis and origination experience
- Ability to understand business trends and develop insights to inform the decision-making process.
- Good knowledge of banking systems and processes used by the bank and customers
- Technical knowledge in business finance tools, products and methodologies an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of Bank products and channels an added advantage
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills
- Research skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Drive for results
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail