Restaurant and Bar Manager
3 years experience
- Train, supervise, counsel and discipline outlet staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
- Interact positively with customers promoting Gab’s Trumpet facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost-saving and profit-enhancing measures.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
- Ensure that all standards and Gab’s Trumpet cash handling procedures are met.
- Ensure compliance with Council, Health, Fire and Labour laws.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels for anticipated business during shift.
- Coach staff to adhere to outlet service standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of the environment, lounge, service areas, bar area and outlet staff coolers.
- Solicit feedback from customers concerning food, beverages, service and improvement ideas.
Method of Application
Send your application to email@example.com