RIGID DUMP TRUCK OPERATORS X 28 – KANSANSHI SITE
We are encouraging female candidates to apply.
This position reports to the PIC. Successful candidate will be responsible for the below duties.
- Assess the work areas and identify all hards and fix them if they fall to your knowledge and ability.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, water and all fluids and perform pre and post trip inspections and any defects are reported and repaired before use.
- Ensure that all company safety, health and environmental procedures along with any specific client requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure that the personnel protective equipment(PPE) necessary for the operations is utilized and put on rightly and in right places at all times.
- Ensuring that speed limits and road signs in place are observed to reduce the risk and all reasonable measures are implemented to avoid accidents
- Operate RD Trucks and haul tons of materials to the destination site.
Accurately enter/ record hours’ worked and other information into the daily work sheet.
- Keeping the truck clean and in good working order.
Ensuring that the machinery is not overloaded and comply with the load restrictions.
Maintain high standards of conduct and comply with all relevant rules and requirements.
- Ensure a minimum distance of two-truck widths is maintained between trucks when more than one truck is dumping at any given time.
- Participate in workplace skills assessment and training required.
- Give feedback on constraints to supervisor/subordinates as and when necessary.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty.
Carry out any activities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Machine specific training and certification.
- Operating Permit.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as RD operator and open pit mining set up.
Job Specific Competencies
- Must possess knowledge on how to do the pre- start on the machine.
- Must be able to identify defects.
- Must be conversant with controls/parts and their functions on a machine.
- Must possess knowledge about machine shut down and emergency procedures.
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, CV ,necessary permits and copies of qualifications, indicating daytime telephone and/or mobile contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meets the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the Group Human Resource Manager not later than Tuesday 6th February 2024, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Group Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 110340
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org