Zambian Governance Foundation
Location: Head Office
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Staff reporting to: None
Purpose of the job
Under general supervision of the CEO with functional responsibility for the Finance & Administration and the Audit & Risk Committee, the incumbent is responsible for carrying out internal risk assessments and audit tasks with a view to highlighting departures from prescribed controls, policies and procedures, safeguarding ZGF financial and physical resources and assets; ensuring compliance with statutory and other regulations.
1. Develops and facilitates implementation of internal control measures (risk management strategies) to prevent loss, fraud or misuse or misappropriation ZGF resources.
2. Identifies factors causing deficiencies in systems and adverse conditions, and provides constructive, economical, and practical approach to mitigate any negative effects.
3. Determines scope of audit coverage and prepares draft audit plans for approval and conducts internal audits to determine the accuracy of financial transactions, maintaining compliance with ZGF policies and guidelines.
4. Prepares audit working papers in accordance with audit standards, and documents performance through narratives, and flowcharts.
5. Performs follow-up audits with management to ascertain implementation of recommendations. appraises the adequacy of the corrective action and follows up on compliance issues requiring investigation.
6. Collaborates with external auditors to ensure that they have access to relevant information and offer support during audit sessions.
7. Ensures that all the employees are thoroughly updated about ZGF policies, regulations, and processes.
8. Upholds the ethical integrity of ZGF and ensures that business activities are conducted within a regulatory framework.
9. Keeps abreast of developments in area of specialty and adheres to the ethics code of the profession.
10. Participates fully in planning, performance and other organisation-wide management practices as required.
11. Provides accurate information required for performance management purposes and attends performance management discussions, as required by the supervisor.
12. Performs any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
Education and training: Full relevant professional qualifications including ACCA and a Member of ZICA and Auditors Association
Relevant experience: At least five (5) years.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org